SS Deadwood

Help Support Steer Planet:

justintime

has anyone seen or heard anything about how calves from SS Deadwood are looking?  I see they are selling possession in him in Schrag's sale. Just wondering what everyone is hearing about his offspring.

TJ

justintime said:
has anyone seen or heard anything about how calves from SS Deadwood are looking?  I see they are selling possession in him in Schrag's sale. Just wondering what everyone is hearing about his offspring.

I would be interested in hearing as well. 

shortyjock89

Me too, we have his half brother, and they look really similar, and our first calves from our bull will be here in September.  We anticipate that he will put a good front, big foot, and good bone in the calves, and that goes for both bulls, but we don't know for sure (yet).

stumpy

We had one Deadwood calf this spring out of a Bedwell cow from the Alden dispersal. She is a very nice heifer that looks a lot like her mother with a shot more muscle. She came very easy with a low BW. We plan on targeting her for the Heifer calf futurity in Loisville. I know that one calf cannot tell much of a story but we are very pleased with 100% of our Deadwood calves. ;)

Latest posts