Sire: Jakes Proud Jazz
Dam: Augasta Pride
BW: 82 lbs.

Attachments

• rock_on_1[2] (2).jpg
    rock_on_1[2] (2).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 229

ruhtram

Looks nice and thick. Do you know if many people bred to him this spring?

DCC_Cattle

I really like the look of this bull. I think he will throw calves similar to his sire, Jake's Proud Jazz. He's deifinitely got a good pedigree and moderate birthweight!

CPL

He looks ok. I'd probably use his sire before him.

TMJ Show Cattle

Don't know if any of you folks have saeen this bull in person? I have not to be sure. However, a very respectable shorthorn breeder told me his picture does more justice than he deserves. He said he was really short fronted and really rough through the sholder area,and wasn't near as massive from behind as it appears in pictures. I repeat, these are statements made to me from 2 fellows that have seen him in person,and that was their opinion. They both know good cattle as they raise and sell some great calves. Just passing on what I was told.

Steer4Caddy

I agree with Sly.  He's probably not going to offer any more than his sire would in terms of neck extension and attractiveness.  Proud Jazz works.  I bought a few Jazz calves and have a bull calf out of a Gringo cow that has the added look and style along with the power.  He's good slick, but when he fleshes up and gets hair I think he'll be a phenom.  I don't raise shorts anymore but I'm considering using some Jazz on xbred cows.

shortdawg

I've seen  him and his sire in person. I would use JPJ over him for show calves but you can't forget about Rock On's maternal side. I have a full sib to his dam and those Augusta Pride genetics sure bring a lot to the table.

mark tenenbaum

Shorty1 said:
Thoughts on this bull, new for 2009.
havent seen him, but he looks pretty fitted up, the augusta prides obviously make him attractive, but there is the studer jpj out of the party girl who looks pretty powerfull, and that cow has to be one of the top (famous or not) females in the breed.

Shorty1

HawkeyeNation said:
Looks nice and thick. Do you know if many people bred to him this spring?

sold about 200 straws on him, he was not widely advertised.  and to clear up structure issues - he is very great shouldered and toes point forward!  I love the maternal side of his pedigree and the look the Augusta Prides pass on.    Seen him working in the pasture a couple months ago and he looked great.  He is on Shorthornshop.com.

Davis Shorthorns

mark tenenbaum said:
Shorty1 said:
Thoughts on this bull, new for 2009.
havent seen him, but he looks pretty fitted up, the augusta prides obviously make him attractive, but there is the studer jpj out of the party girl who looks pretty powerfull, and that cow has to be one of the top (famous or not) females in the breed.

I saw the Studer bull at Jr. Nationals in KC and loved him and his mama there.  He was just a calf then but you could tell he was one heck of a bull.  I agree that Party Girl is one of the best cows in the breed.