starpower

Help Support Steer Planet:

LinZ

I've heard they are coming slightly heavy. As far as how their doing.. WAYYYYYYYYYY too frail.. No bone or muscle to them at all and I've seen calves out of some realllllly stout simmental cows. Noticing the angus if your name, I wouldn't suggest using him on angus.

JMHO

LinZ

the angus111

Not really what I wanted to hear.I hava a golden child heifer,didnt think he had a enough progeny to make him calving ease.I do have his semen though.It looks like Northern Improvement will be the way I go.thanks angus111

kanshow

I've heard the same thing LinZ has..   slightly higher BW & then ending up frail..   

Probably not the place to ask but how are the Mama's Boys looking now??  I used him last spring instead of Star Power & hoping that was a good decision.

BCCC

the angus111 said:
Not really what I wanted to hear.I hava a golden child heifer,didnt think he had a enough progeny to make him calving ease.I do have his semen though.It looks like Northern Improvement will be the way I go.thanks angus111
I think Gigilo Joe would work pretty good on her. Or ace of diamonds if you want to go shorty with her.

kane1598

There have been some pretty good ones sold this fall.  He makes them pretty.

GLZ

Pretty much what I have seen is if you use him on a good solid cow you get decent enough calves.

However he is probably not going to live up to the initial hype he was receiving last year this time.  His BW numbers are sure to go up when numbers are reevaluated, and as said several times in this thread they are a bit fraill.

LN

I have 10 SP calves that are 2 1/2 months old. I was only able to get a birth weight on one calf out of a first calf heifer and it weighed 78.

I wouldn't say that they are frail, all of them have adequate bone and muscling. Although I will say the majority of them could be a bit more powered up. The two best calves are out soggy commercial cows. 

But then again, the calves are only 2 1/2 months old so they still have a ways to go.