Starting a new Shorthorn Association for Cattle Breeders

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

so, you are not going to show your cattle?

if not, why label your bull world champion?

people show their cattle all the time.

it doesn't have to be at a sanctioned show as you mentioned.

an organized show is just an arbitrary venue for bringing people together to have fun and be able to see a diversity of cattle. the diversity has been lost in the last 30 years or so as the cattle "no show" has lost it's way.

bart

Xbar your not going to show the world how great you cattle are? Just take pics and call them world champions? That will sale alot of semen.. You are promoting him right or did you just buy the add for tax deductions? Is he really that slab sided or does the pic just make him look that way? Let's talk about his calving ease? 90+ seems heavy? Or those just made up numbers like the world champion?

Bradenh

No you had to elaborate on the cattle your family had in order to attempt at making them relevant in the conversation, and to further deny that your alias name is slang for a mind altering drug

So what's different with you using others genetics and it being relevant, and me using my families being irrelevant

And once again I never said anyone's cattle were inferior bedsides yours, you once again throw in a successful name in order to make you look credible, and it does the opposite

What makes them inferior Is that you claim to be a real world cattleman and the only place where you can try to market your cattle is a show forum, yet at the same time they aren't show quality, and they are still shorthorns and they are still frowned upon by packers

So they aren't show cattle- they aren't real world cattle

Hell they aren't good for a whole lot are they (thumbsup)

But wait there's some people that make it work, so we can compare you to them. You aren't them, do their cattle work? Yes. Do yours? No.

So are they relevant? Yes. Are you? No

Maybe I'm lost, possibly it's not the cattle that are inferior it's the principles of the owner making them so- and the closed minded self absorbed policies that he uses that will keep him stagnate in the business unless he buys his way in- that makes it inferior

RyanChandler

knabe said:
dispersal sale?

Lol not even in your wet dreams. I think one of the underlying problems is we have people that feel I'm here to 'market' something.  I do what I want.  And I enjoy breeding superior seed stock.  And no, not superior as defined by phony show string standards; But superior in functional beef cattle terms. 

knabe

-XBAR- said:
we have people that feel I'm here to 'market' something.

we get it, you are not here to market anything.

that's why your bull is in every post you make.

the only thing you are marketing here is your personality.

we get it.  such winning style.

a proven method, just like cotullaguy and a couple others that easily come to mind.

bart

You are marketing the world champion the pic in your profile?
You ran a ad in the magazine? And you are not promoting him?
You didn't answer any of  my questions about the world champ?

Bradenh

So what makes them superior? The fact that you have to use genetics from all these other people so that you have a credible name to say in your arguments since your cattle aren't good enough to talk for themselves

Or is it just self proclaimed superiority somewhat like your self proclaimed cattle sense

knabe

Show stopper 95 said:
your cattle aren't good enough to talk for themselves

they are good enough to talk for themselves.

whether subsequent matings and selection will be, is really the question.

until that happens, it's worth giving postbar the benefit of the doubt in that regard.

Bradenh

Not in the ring or packing house I'm not seeing or hearing of anything noteworthy

Nobody gets the benefit of the doubt from him, and I think it's only fair to treat him the same

Duncraggan

-XBAR- said:
NHR said:
1. If someone wants this changed then it needs to be brought up to the board and membership to drive it to fruition, however I believe the data would not be accurate because some would just "eyeball weigh" the animal. With EPD's there is an accuracy. The Accuracy should be the guide for breeding determinations along with actually looking at reported BW's of progeny. This topic does not really matter to me, I could go either way.

Without actuals EPDS HAVE ZERO ACCURACY!!! What do you think the epds are based off? How do you think the EPDS become adjusted?  You're logic is comparable to saying there should be no rules bc we know some people will break them.  Hell, I'd even take an eyeball weight over looking at a set of EPDS that reflect an individual 5 generations back.
I used JSF Gauge 137W with low accuracy, and, after reading the comments on SP and checking ASA EPD's, didn't use him on heifers!

What a mistake, his calves are tiny, easily born, and a pleasure to calve!

If more people submitted accurate data, the guessing game would be eliminated and semen sales would be higher.

After the  Gauge 137W AI's, the figures came down and became slightly more accurate, justifiably so!

The USA needs to look at the Australian data numbers to become more predictable, it makes a huge difference to confidence for the genetics buyer.  They seem to manage the task over larger areas as well as higher cattle numbers!

Heismanziel

index.php

Was there a World Grand Champion Bull show? Did i miss something?  (lol)

Hey Ryan aka Xbar can you explain to me the awesome of these cattle you sold? Cause they look pretty crappy to me.
2urxq35.jpg

n6tc12.jpg

12512q0.jpg

2vb0ehj.jpg

trevorgreycattleco

That's piss poor taste on Johnny football here. Those pics are a crock for me. They in a drought ? How are the managed ? This is a cheap attempt to smear someone. The photo shop deal on his ad pisses me off. Total cheap shots all the way around. If I was him that would push me to go hillbilly on your ass. A shot in the chops and a spit of Copenhagen in your face when your on your backside wondering what happened. Show your inteligence by good debates. Don't show your ass by being a idiot. Tough love amigo

RyanChandler

Haha, now you're really being silly.  You make not like me or anything I stand for but the quality of HC VANGUARD 22Z is unquestionable.  He was the best Horseshoe Creek sold in his sale this year and -according to Grant- the best Major Leroy bull calf he's ever had. My word choice was intentional as it undermines the legitimacy of these bullshit shows you like to think are accredited. 

As far as those cows- now it's about to get good. They were out of a JM Vortec son and every one of them was stacked w/ WHR, SS and 4S genetics on the bottom.  The body condition of these cows even further solidifies my point regarding these dysfunctional genetics.  It was easy to form this conclusion as all I did was sort the hardest doers I had in my herd and sell them. Coincidentally, they were all very similar on paper.  Really, they culled themselves.

The best part here is the conclusion: After profiting ( there ya go, lil buddy) $500 per head on EACH one in less than 3 months - I took 10 grand to Lovings SH sale and invested in quality-bred heifers. I'm glad you took the time to post these heifers here as it gives the on-looker interested in investing in those type of genetics a great representation as to how they will look on a pasture and hay only ration.

Bradenh

He calls me his little buddy all the time too so it's an honor

On another note  (pop) (pop) (pop) (pop) (pop)

I think I'm going to sit back and watch some fireworks for once, and see this get sorted out between all of you guys

Best of luck to both sides

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Doc

-XBAR- said:
As far as those cows- now it's about to get good. They were out of a JM Vortec son and every one of them was stacked w/ WHR, SS and 4S genetics on the bottom.  The body condition of these cows even further solidifies my point regarding these dysfunctional genetics.  It was easy to form this conclusion as all I did was sort the hardest doers I had in my herd and sell them. Coincidentally, they were all very similar on paper.  Really, they culled themselves.

The best part here is the conclusion: After profiting ( there ya go, lil buddy) $500 per head on EACH one in less than 3 months - I took 10 grand to Lovings SH sale and invested in quality-bred heifers. I'm glad you took the time to post these heifers here as it gives the on-looker interested in investing in those type of genetics a great representation as to how they will look on a pasture and hay only ration.

You talk about it's not about the money or making a profit, but yet here you are bragging about a profit.
In another post you ask someone "have you no honor" , then you sell the heifers that you say can't make it on pasture and hay to someone else , while making a profit off them.
I've got several SS and WHR bred cattle (including several 1st calf heifers) that are making it just fine on fescue pasture.
Myself like several others just didn't get your ad. I guess it shows my intelligence because it went right over my head. I kept looking to see if somehow his name tied into a former world champion boxer. I would have thought you would have been better served to come up with an ad tied into the armed forces somehow(Major Leroy). That is if you had been trying to market him. Don't get me wrong , I like your bull. I really like the cow family he goes back to. I guess I just don't understand the whole I'm not in it for money, I'm not trying to market anything, then you spend about $700 on a full color ad?
Good luck with your not marketing venture, I guess(that's ok to do isn't it)?

Bradenh

At least pigs in farrowing crates get fed mr animal abuse

That looks like a poor winter feeding program or animal abuse if you ask me, that's an honorable set right there  (thumbsup)

Couldn't resist since we we all animal abusers here except mr honorable. When your cattle look like cow hocked gutted snowbirds

Time to talk to your Harvard investors or use some of that profit money for a cube trip hopper? Instead of xanex or booze at the lake

trevorgreycattleco

Heismanziel said:
index.php

Was there a World Grand Champion Bull show? Did i miss something?  (lol)

Hey Ryan aka Xbar can you explain to me the awesome of these cattle you sold? Cause they look pretty crappy to me.
2urxq35.jpg

n6tc12.jpg

12512q0.jpg

2vb0ehj.jpg

What a gutless wonder you are. Change it back to appear normal now. You're a punk whoever you are. If you got the stones to smear a ad like that, have the stones to say who you are.

And Btw I hope A@M plays Ohio State this year somehow. With Johnny football. The buckeyes will put you right back into the 30 plus years of mediocrity you've lived. And on the radio today. They say Johnny football may not play at all. You may be back to sucking if the Qb can't play. Then your coach will leave and you are really screwed. Flash in the pan is all A@M is. 50 bucks says bama wins.

Bradenh

On a football note (more enjoyable) I think Texas a&m had just as much talent in the bench, it's not manziel it's the coach that makes the team how they are

At Oklahoma as o.c took a 3 star recruit and made him the #1 overall pick

At his Stint in Houston took a 2 star recruit and made him one of the most decorated passers in college football history (keenum)

And now he's taken a 3 star defensive back u.t reject and made him a heisman winner

Bama will be a close game, I'd also bet that money they would beat Ohio state

But as far as manziel, I love him. But it's not the end of the world if he can't play(which he will play)

I would like to see the aggies and buckeyes square off