state fair results

Help Support Steer Planet:

afhm

Who have been the big winners at the state fairs steer shows so far?  I think WI, IL and maybe IN are inthe record books now.  Who sired them, raised them, sold them?  Thanks.

Steer Boy 101

brock may won Wi steer show with a blonde steer. and Justin or Mitchil Wedig won reserve with a black one from O'leary. as far as the sale went it sucked for beef. compared to years past

bcosu

i imagine they will be online soon. both looked good. real good. the black one got better the closer you got up on it. the red one was a truck but it takes a pretty good red one to bat a black one.

Throttle

OH
DeFrank's Sunseeker - Nowatske, anybody know the cow side and who raised him?
Campbell's Heatwave x Paleface - Raised by Julie Jackson, IA, sold Jarck

IN
Martin's Heatwave x PB Simmy - Raised by Bloombergs, sold Wade Rodgers, Goetemiller
Gentry's baldy - anybody know what it was?

oakbar

Iowa State Fair Maine Anjou shows were held on Sat.

Our friends at Braun Show Cattle here in Northwood had the Champion Maintainer female (Paddy O Malley) and the Champion Maine heifer (Nautica from K& A).  They'll both be competing again tomorrow in the 4-H Show.

OH Breeder

Throttle said:
OH
DeFrank's Sunseeker - Nowatske, anybody know the cow side and who raised him?
Campbell's Heatwave x Paleface - Raised by Julie Jackson, IA, sold Jarck

IN
Martin's Heatwave x PB Simmy - Raised by Bloombergs, sold Wade Rodgers, Goetemiller
Gentry's baldy - anybody know what it was?

DeFrank's had shown a blue roan that was a Manchild. Same steer? Or at least that is what I thought.

afhm

Gentry's calf was raised by Scott Jorgensen in Iowa.  He was traded by McKay and Stenberg and possibly Sinclair as well.  Not sure what he was.

shortyjock89

IL - Grand Jr. Steer- Kevin Casey w/ a X bred from Caldwells, I'm not sure who had reserve, mighta been Boyer's, I know that calf came from Caldwell's too.  Open show, Weber's won with a steer from Gray/Keller, and reserve was Kagney Collins shown by one of the Dryer boys. 

Heifers-  Grand was a Polled Hereford, she was AWESOME, and reserve was an Angus...my good friend Wes Leemon won the Shorthorn show though which is cool.  Today in the Shorthorn Open show, Bloomberg's won polled with a SULL heifer, Steck's won with a heifer I THINK they raised....and I was reserve division Land of Lincoln with my May heifer, so that was pretty cool I thought.

Throttle

DeFrank's had shown a blue roan that was a Manchild. Same steer? Or at least that is what I thought.
[/quote]

Different one. This one was the black crossbred

Show Heifer

Are you SURE the Martin steer in IN was raised by Bloombergs??

Iowa is tomorrow....heard the barn is PACKED FULL of really nice, great animals....should be interesting!!

oakbar

I was not able to attend but I just heard the results of the Iowa State Fair breeding heifer show.

1.  Faber Char X
2. Wilson Maintainer--(Champion Maintainer at Junior Nationals)
3. Sullivan Maine
4. Sullivan Commercial
5. Braun  Maine  ---(Champion Maine at Iowa State Fair on Sat.)