Steel Force VS. UPGRADE

Help Support Steer Planet:

dixieland cattle co

GONEWEST said:
dixieland cattle co said:
GONEWEST said:
^^^^^^ So you're sayin' this bull is better than Steel Force and Upgrade?

No,  I never said Hillbilly Deluxe or Rendition are better than Steel Force or Upgrade.  But their calves  are a hell of a lot more uniform in their phenotype so far than any Upgrades or Steele Forces I have seen. If you have so many great Upgrades and Steele Force calves on the ground I would love to see them.  Let me ask you a question, Do you think its strange that none of these big time semen bulls never see a show ring so folks may visually appraise them?  Call me crazy, but these bulls look  better in a computer altered photo than they do in person and the inconsistency of their calves proves it.  

Dear Crazy,

Have you ever actually seen these bulls in person? EVER? And if you say that Hillbilly is more consistent than Steel Force or Upgrade isn't that the same thing as saying that he is a better bull? I just want to know for the record, if you are saying your bull is as good as Steel Force and Upgrade and if you have ever laid eyes on either bull.

Dear Smart Ass,
Yes, I have seen Steele Force in person, you obviously have not. He is no where near as clean fronted in person or powerful enough just like the earlier post said. That's why his PB calves are common and his halfbloods are good, just as I said earlier.  As far as Upgrade, I don't know of any one that has seen him.  But I have seen enough of his calves to know that I am not going to use him, just as I said earlier.  And as far as  HillBilly Deluxe is concerned, I will just let his calves speak for themselves, instead of trying to convince you he is a better bull, with a pretty picture I doctored on some computer. His first 5 heifers I have Averaged $7800. I am going to bet your herd bull hasn't done quiet so well.  I am still waiting to see all of your great ones out of Steele force and Upgrade so please forward me some pictures. 

andholl

The heifer is out of JF EBONYS JOY 802U and SAND RANCH HAND. Owned by Diamond H Ranch and purchased from Circle M Farms. Here is the heifer.

flvcjd.jpg

10qxxr9.jpg

AdrienneHilbrands

Love our Steel Force calves and they've all been purebreds..... love the extension and smoothness he tends to put in their fronts and they're normally pretty soft made and structurally correct.  Really liked Steel Force in Denver when SVF had him there as a calf just didn't know if he was going to be big enough.  Haven't seen him as a big bull but it sounds like he has matured quite nicely and we've been really happy with his calves.  I actually tend to like his purebred calves better than the percentages... don't get me wrong there are a whole lot of really good percentage Steel Force cattle out there that I do like but from what I've seen he doesn't seem to add any bone and when crossed with Angus I think they sometimes get a little small footed.  But that's really just a personal preference and I tend to like them with a little more bone and bigger foot size.  Our only occassional vice with him is that we will tend to get a little extra white now and then... but it hasn't been enough to stop us from using him and I'm sure we'll be flushing more to him in the future.

Upgrade - we haven't had quite as many of these but from what we have seen and do have we love the performance and length of body he gives you but overall they tend to have a little bit more of a rounder muscle pattern to them.  Front ends on ours haven't been anything to complain about and actually fairly good... I'm just guessing cuz I haven't seen to many... just one really, really good one in Louisville so far... but I think one place where he'll really shine and work well in are with those flatter muscled, big bellied Angus type cows.... just a guess though but I think they could be really sharp..... I think as far as the purebred sector goes the commercial guys and those breeding for pounds and not so much for the show ring will love him.

Just my thoughts though.....