Steer clicking pasterns

Help Support Steer Planet:

xkrushx

Is there a way to free up a steer who likes to click his pasterns into place when he walks? His hocks flex plenty but just wants to click his pasterns when he puts his foot down? Will sound advantage work? or anything else? E-mail me if needed..

shorthorns r us

Don't sell him.  That is terrible advice especially if the calf in the profile is the one you are talking about.  The picture is little bitty but he looks pretty nice.  Without going to look at the medicine bottles, the answer is Bo-Se or Mu-SE.  That will usually offer improvement and can eliminate the problem.  Someone else will be able to remember which.

olsencattleco

If my memory is correct, i believe it is bo-se SRU. We also used and injectible called Multi-min. It is blue in color. This worked by far the best for us, but we quit using it because of the knots that it left. I do believe that there is a Multi-min paste out now. Might wanna try it.

eric

afhm

If you use the multi-min or mineral max is another name for it (the blue stuff) I think be sure and follow the label exactly as it can be toxic if you give too much.

xkrushx

Can anyone find me a website with the multimin paste for sale they are talking about? We have about a month until our state fair and want to shy away from leaving a knot... thanks a bunch

shorthorns r us

please post a picture of the red steer in your profile.  he is way to small for my od eyes to see.

xkrushx

Here is a couple pics. Let me know what your honest opinions are.

Attachments

• buttshot.jpg
    buttshot.jpg
    503.7 KB · Views: 364
  • Profile.jpg
    Profile.jpg
    673.2 KB · Views: 290

xkrushx

sorry about the size of the pics, if someone could scale them down and repost that would be awesome... I am not familiar with pics that much.

gocanes719

xkrushx said:
Here is a couple pics. Let me know what your honest opinions are.

That is a good calf.  What's the breeding?  Not a bad shear job either.

Jill

We gave shots of MU-SE to all the calves in the pasture back in early May.  I have a couple of them that still have knots on the neck so if it is one your getting ready to show be careful of where you give the shot, if the paste works, I would try and find it.

xkrushx

The clipping is nothing special in this pic, just a quick run down for someone who was interested in him. I think I sized them down... He is still for sale and currently has a dna kit in for Kansas City, and would be a good one for Loiusville...  e-mail me with any inquiries..

Attachments

• buttshot.jpg
    buttshot.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 260

xkrushx

Here is his side profile... he is a Sunseeker

Attachments

• Profile.jpg
    Profile.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 254