Steer Doesn't Eat Enough

Help Support Steer Planet:

steerkid21

We have a Believe in Me Steer that just isn't growing like we want him too.  He just doesn't eat all the food we give him.  I would guess he is somewhere around the 600 pound range and is on 11 pounds of a "show mix" that we get from our local Co-op and 2 pounds of Grand 4 T Fyer from Purina a day.  He also receives two flakes/slabs/cubes of good brome.  Anyone have any ideas of what we can feed him to get him to eat more? Thanks in Advance.

MS

CAB

Are you feeding him 2lbs of the Grand 4TFyer straight out of the supplement bag or are you saying that you are feeding him 2lbs of a ration that is mixed up using Grand 4TFyer? If you are feeding him 2lbs of the nutrient dense Grand 4TFyer straight out of the bag on top of your balanced ration, his nutrient needs are being met WAY B4 he is going to feel the need to eat more to get his requirements met. You just need to feed a balanced ration, don't think that you are doing him favors by giving him a treat, ( Grand 4TFyer), that really just messes up his whole balanced ration.

cowman 52

What do the droppings look like?  I'm betting the mix might be a little too fine in texture.  The fines tend to make one feel full before he is full.  Just a thought