Steer him?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Mitch

Need advice.  Steer him or keep him as a bull.  Birth date 5-1-10  Birth weight  100#.  hip height 43 in.  Sired by an After Hours son out of a El Bonito daughter.
Mitch

Attachments

• 025-1.jpg
    025-1.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 196

JCC

I would steer him. I would choose that option based on several things, birth wt is too high for the average commercial guy which only leaves the PB guys to market to. Birth date is really too young to be useful next breeding season unless you are wanting to use him late in the summer or for a fall calving herd. My opinion would also be that he is going to be too big.

Just my opinion on it hope it helps.

sue

Steer.  I would call him Cotton Ball  breeder cup entry

Davis Shorthorns

cut him.  To big of bw.  I dont know of many people that would want to buy a bull with a actual bw of 100 lbs. 

sue

We could all show up at the Breeders cup next year in Louisville with Mint flavored drinks, t-shirts and watch him show??  <party>
Steerplanet t shrits of course

knabe

to me, cut him.  to feminine fronted all the way to his nose and too straight through his stifle, at least in the pic.

does he cover his tracks?

perhaps another pic?

if he's a high% charolais, then the bw doesn't bother me.  it's less than some "calving ease" maine calves i've seen, even a lot less.

doesn't bother me if he's a shorthorn either for that matter.

Will

Is he easier to sell and worth more as a steer? If so then it is an easy choice.

MYT Farms

Cut him. Get rid of that extra testosterone before it messes with that beautiful front end. Gonna be one heck of a steer from what I can see.

Top Knot

Davis Shorthorns said:
cut him.  To big of bw.  I dont know of many people that would want to buy a bull with a actual bw of 100 lbs. 

A lot more people use 100 lb birth weight bulls than realize it. Granted, he's probably no heifer bull, but with that smooth shoulder I'd have no problem using him on cows. That is, if your 100 is 100.

taylor tay

Mitch said:
Need advice.  Steer him or keep him as a bull.  Birth date 5-1-10   Birth weight  100#.  hip height 43 in.  Sired by an After Hours son out of a El Bonito daughter.
Mitch
I think that he would be an awesome steer