Steer opinions please

Help Support Steer Planet:

GFC#22

Here is a steer we just picked up just wanting some comments see what people think hey is weighing right around 950 in the pictures he is a Hannibal on a warhorse cow and was born Feb 22 and these are terrible pictures so sorry in advance for that  hes not really clipped up either thanks

Attachments

• Hannible steer.JPG
    Hannible steer.JPG
    744 KB · Views: 258
  • Hannible steer pic 2.JPG
    Hannible steer pic 2.JPG
    627.8 KB · Views: 207

taylor tay

He seems to be well muscled, clean through the middle and straight toplined.  It looks like his leg is a little too straight but that might just be how he is standing. nice animal...when is the show?

GFC#22

I think its just the way he is standing but its last full week in June  he is going to be big were gonna keep him goin and then late feb early march hold him then right before the show just hammer the feed to him so he goes in lookin fresh what. is there a better way? or whats the thoughts

MCC

Really like the steer. Clean fronted, got some depth, looks like he has some thickness. Work on his legs and get some leg hair to work with and he will be ok. Darn sure worth feeding.

OKshorthorn

I really like this calf! I think he is heavy boned, wide made steer and I really like the overall thickness he has, especially as you get down in his lower quarter. A stout calf for sure. In the first picture is looks like he needs some hair growth but in the second one you can see he is a hairy dude, needs to add some guts to him, he cuts up in his flank some but that will come as he adds weight, maybe add some beet pulp to his ration as you get closer to june?

MKC Showcattle

Wow! I agree really like this steer too! Just keep the feed coming! Good Luck to ya! (clapping)

GFC#22

hey thanks guys but problem with pourin the feed to him he is awfully big 1120 with 160 days till the show so we gotta hold him gonna be tough and any opinions on holding please let me know hope it all works out