steer opinions w/ more pictures

Help Support Steer Planet:

cutieputie0093

Hey I posted some pictures of my steer yesterday that were from when I first got him and these are some more recent ones. He is a "key/simmi" cross and is for a show in February. His current weight is 985. He is one of the smaller framed calves for the show and is pretty long and breaks in the middle but I can show that out of him.

Attachments

• 0911101002b.jpeg
    0911101002b.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 175
  • 0911101002.jpeg
    0911101002.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 0911101006.jpeg
    0911101006.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 152

flacowman

I like his thickness.  Pour the feed to him and he should be fine.

Bradenh

Jive Turkey said:
flacowman said:
I like his thickness.

You're kidding right?
i actually really like his thickness in the first picture as well vitaferm sure champ will do wonders for this guy. jive turkey- did you ever consider maby the picture of his rear end was just a bad picture

justme

good luck is all I can say sorry...is this for carcass?  Man, the background in these photos looks really familiar, do you go to school in TX?

fordkindagirl

justme said:
good luck is all I can say sorry...is this for carcass?  Man, the background in these photos looks really familiar, do you go to school in TX?
Yeah, we go to the same high school.

justme

OK I think I know who it is.  First...make sure you know what breed it is for REAL.  Key?  Not a Keylime pie calf...if its truely what you say its Chi.  I'm a thinking its a Brangus. 

shortyjock89

fordkindagirl said:
Just adding the fact that he is a Brangus. Not sure if that changes anything.

First post says he's Chi/Simmy......

Good luck, can't say that I much else to say about him either.

fordkindagirl

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
fordkindagirl said:
Ag- teacher told me that hers is a Brangus. So I am going with that.

Ag-teachers can often be wrong. But okay. Brangus it is.
Good point, but they bought him, and they know what breeder he came from, so on this one I'm assuming they know, but hey for all I know they're wrong.

Adding this- all the steers from this particular district are either Angus or Brangus, with the exception of some Charolais.

chambero

What you folks are looking at here is a slick sheared calf that is pretty green for his weight.

As others said, he needs finisher poured to him now - probably supplemented by extra corn and a fat supplement.

As far as breed, in Texas they can be anything you want them to be as long as the sifters agree.  However, I doubt this calf would ever classify as a Brangus.