Steer Opinions

Help Support Steer Planet:

thats funny

These are pics of my steer from this summer. He is out of a Mossy Oak son that we raised and out of an angus cow.  He was just a leftover after we sold all the other show calves.  He was Champion Steer at the North Dakota State Fair in the open show, and Reserve Steer in the Junior show.  The first pic is at the beggining of the summer, and the second one is at the end of the summer at his last show.  Ended up being a good summer.

Attachments

• Boof.jpg
    Boof.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 785
  • Good Pic.JPG
    Good Pic.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 799

kane1598

I like him alot.  Seems to be very smooth and attractive, yet has alot of power to him.  Mossy's always scare me on there rear wheels, how was your guy on the move?

Bawndoh

Congrats!  (clapping).  It always makes you feel that much better when the ones nobody wanted, turn out so good!  I like him too, very long bodied and smooth.  I would like to see a bit more length in his hip, or rear 1/3.  Like horses, it is nice to see cattle "balcanced".

Walker

He was the best steer in ND this summer hands down.  A good easy feeding, big bodied steer with plenty of thickness that was pretty well put together and plenty sound on the move. 

krissy94

i dont know much about steer so i cant offer much of an opinion but he looks cute if that helps any  ;)

vc

He looks like he matured really well over the summer, finished real nice.

Seems like allot of the left over calves turn out to be at the top in the end.

What happened to his white behind his brisket? just kidding.

thats funny

The white somehow magically disapeared over the summer.  I dont know why it is there in one pic then not there in the other.HMMMMMMMM

showgoer

For me to make him perfect ~ I'd add length to his hip and lower his tailhead set which would level his top, add more lower quarter, extend and clean his front up a tick (less cresty), and most of all give him more depth of flank.  He could use a shot more bone too.  A few of these things have been "changed" with more hair but it appears from the first to the second picture, you did get some hair on him.  I'm in the heart of show steer country and guys are keeping them in coolers just above freezing all summer long and showing up at the state fair with yak hair.  If he got in the wrong class at the Iowa/Illinois/Indiana State Fair ~ could have easily been in the fourth or fifth hole.  I'm glad you got along well with him and congrats!  It's always good to win with one you raised, especially when no one else wanted him!  By the way ~ if he was mine the white on his rear wheels and tail would have "disappeared" too.

thats funny

Yeah, and in Iowa/Illinois/and Indiana there are probably $10,000 steers standing fourth in class,  we could of kept an $8,500 steer sold through traders that was sold out of an Oklahoma sale, to someone in Illinois.  This steer pictured was never in a cooler room all summer, he was in a dirt pen in 90 degree weather all summer, with just shade to stand in from the windbreaks.