Steer pics

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ruchian

What do you guys think?  The pictures aren't very good because I took them on my phone so the quality isn't great.  He also needs to be clipped really bad, and in these pictures he isn't even brushed or washed.  He was just standing there so I took some pictures when he was standing close to the way I liked.  Also, he doesn't come up in the flank as much as these pictures make it look.

Attachments

• 05-26-08_1656x2.jpg
    05-26-08_1656x2.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 713
  • 05-26-08_1657x2.jpg
    05-26-08_1657x2.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 707
  • 05-26-08_1658x2.jpg
    05-26-08_1658x2.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 701

Ruchian

Don't base much on that first picture.  The more I look at it the less I like it.  It doesn't make him look as nice as he is.

I just took this picture off

red

I agree on the first picture, didn't like him at all until I saw the others. Nice top & looks to have a good rear. How is he on his wheels?

Red

millican

looks like a very functional, practical calf, good muscle and looks like he feeds well, good luck

Ruchian

red said:
I agree on the first picture, didn't like him at all until I saw the others. Nice top & looks to have a good rear. How is he on his wheels?

Red

Thanks, he walks and sets up really well.

Ruchian

Here are some profile pics that are better than the one I had.  They still aren't great though.  I hadn't washed him yet so he is still dirty and covered in flies.  He isn't set up how I'd like in either picture, but that's because I'm the one taking the pictures so I wasn't holding him to be able to set him up.  I tried to brush down some of the hair on the neck on the second one so that you can see that there is a neck under there somewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_0411x2.jpg
    IMG_0411x2.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0417x2.jpg
    IMG_0417x2.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 345

OH Breeder

I want to run my hands over his ribs. How is he covering? He has alot of potential on profile. With a good clip job he should look pretty fancy. Work the heck out of his hair between now and then. If you don't have a roto brush get one and work the leg hair. He is pretty cool. Like him. Good luck!
fair is right around the corner

http://www.sullivansupply.com/Texas/detail.aspx?ID=11901

Ruchian

He is getting a good finish to him.  I don't have a roto brush.  Do you just use them on the legs or the entire body and where can you get one?

Ruchian

Thanks, any idea how long it would take to ship to oregon from the texas store, I think that is the one I would use

OH Breeder

Ruchian said:
Thanks, any idea how long it would take to ship to oregon from the texas store, I think that is the one I would use

Should take you about 3 days think.

OH Breeder

Ruchian said:
He is getting a good finish to him.  I don't have a roto brush.  Do you just use them on the legs or the entire body and where can you get one?

You can order them from Sullivans Supply. Get a drill a cordless is nice, but make sure it is reversable. Spray the legs with a light oil. Place the tail in a tube sock when working the rear legs. Caution. do not get a tail caught in the brush. You can use it on the whole body. We had one steer that would just about go to sleep when you would work his sides. He loved it. Start slow and always work up or roll the hair upward motion on the legs. Once you get them use to it they will like it. It also will help when you go to pull up legs by "breaking the hair".
ps
Get the synthetic mix if you have it in your budget they do have one for show day I think

Ruchian

OH Breeder said:
Get the synthetic mix if you have it in your budge they do have one for show day I think

are you talking about the one that is 40% rice root 60% synthetic?