Steer-Planet 2yr. old, shows first calf.

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jill

That picture is adorable.
I think the picture on the front is Hadley Schotte, are you in the same county as them?

ELBEE

Yes it is, and yes we are! Hadley had grand champion market steer, and was division champion in beef showmanship and horsemanship.

TJ

I agree, that picture is adorable!  Thanks for sharing.

linnettejane

so precious!  ;) 

my 3 year old showed for the first time this year...it brought tears to my eyes....so i know how proud you must feel!  <party>

frostback

That is a great photo, but does anyone see the irony in the comments that go with it? Frostie

ELBEE

Frostback, "The bigger and better Marshall Co. fair" is an ad campain that's been around since I can remember. No body would know what to do if we didn't here that on the radio ads! So, more realist are the comments made by our secretary. On a positive note, there are a significant number of Clover Buds around Kayla's age just ichin' to get started! In the last couple years we've lost a bunch of 4-H'ers to graduation!

frostback

I am going to try real hard and think about how I word this. The irony I was talking about was that she showed a C-section calf and you are known for raising and promoting calving ease bulls. I know that there are hundreds of reasons to have a c-section and this calf may not even be by one of your bulls or even out of one of your cows but that was the first thought that came into my head when I read the photo caption, and I chuckled. I think it is great you have a wonderful fair with no shortage of participants. Keep up the good work and be proud of the next generation. Frostie

ELBEE

Oh! "I see." said the blind man. The calf came from a neighbor's herd. The ancient, gummer Hereford cow came up bred in the cull pen. Then somewhere close to full term went down and prolapsed. Just before death they oppted to try a c-section, wa-la Miracle!