Steer Planet Anniversary

Help Support Steer Planet:

Simmgirl03

Just happened to open my profile today and saw that I registered on January 6, 2009.  It's been two full years of reading, learning and thoroughly enjoying.  Thank you to all the regulars and especially to Jason for making it all possible!  <beer>

How long have you been a member??

jason

Goes by fast. 

Mar 2006, hence the inception of steerplanet.  I still remembering taking to my brother that prior Christmas about the website I was going to start.

Cowz was actually one of the very first to join under a different username.  It was slow all the way until January 2007, when we started to pick up steam.  It is has amazed how much it continues to grow, almost every month is a new record for visitors.  It is running over twice as many people same time last year, this Jan-April, should be nuts.

I don't want to sound corny, but the reason for the success is the core members and their willingness to help others.  I also think providing a free avenue for people to advertise their cattle in the classifieds helps out.

I think most people would be surprised about is how many lurkers are on this site and how you opinions influence decisions.

I think the best approach to have an online identity and be proactive.  We talk about social media (twitter, facebook blogs), but we always leave out online forums.  In my opinion, forums are the fastest tool of feedback.

Sorry for the thread hijack  (lol)

MCC

Thanks Jason and everyone else. (thumbsup) Hi my name is MCC and I was a lurker for quite some time( Hi MCC ), then I saw the light and became a member. <party> Seriously THANKS EVERYONE.

RSC

January 30th will be 4 years for me.  Been a fast four years.

Tony

inthebarnagain

Wow, I've been a member since October 2007.  Guess the old adage is true, time flies when you are having fun! 

OH Breeder

I joined because one a member who left us too soon. I would drive up to the farm and on my way sometimes I would stop for coffee. Red- use to talk about this website. So I started lurking and 2-14-07 I joined. This has always been a wonderful resource for me and my family. Really love the honest and the openess in the forum. The knowledge base here is tremendous. I have learned so much history from this site. Its great to see new members and that the site has grown. Thanks Jason once again.

showcat

I am a new poster and am really beginning to get the relevance of many of the topics.  From what to use on showday to what sire I might chose next.  I really like this forum!

justintime

I became a member on May 26, 2007. I had never heard of Steerplanet until that day. When I checked my email that day, I had received a message telling me that one of my herd sires was being discussed on a beef forum called Steerplanet. I decided to take a look and became a member so I could answer some of the questions some SP members were asking about. The herd sire that was being discussed was Wolf Willow Major Leroy, and i I find it kinda funny that there was a thread started about this bull yesterday as well. Over 2400 posts later I am still here. It has become a routine to check out the SP when I am having my morning coffee, and usually stop by later in the day to see if there is anything new happening.

Jason has done a great job in managing this site, and I commend him for the foresight to design it and the fortitude required to maintain it day to day.

AAOK

Jan 30, 2007, Red contacted me on another forum and told me about SteerPlanet.  I joined that day, and have been an avid viewer ever since.  I still miss Red's timely and pertinent posts. Jason, your idea was great.  I don't know how any of the technical stuff is done, I'm just glad you do it.  It's 10 years without showing, and over 3 years without any cows.  Thanks for giving me a place to get my daily "fix".