SteerMaker

Help Support Steer Planet:

afhm

Get ahold of Joel Brooks JBS Shorthorns in IL he owned him.  If I remember correctly he was a Red Knight or a Cunia, he threw some awesome show calves.  He also sired Windstar.

shortyjock89

Yep, he's out of Red Knight.  We have a SteerMaker granddaughter.  She's an awesome cow.  I've seen a few of his daughers.  Stout, lots of bone, maybe a little on the steery side, but not bad. Oh, and did I mention then loads of hair? Well, they have tons of the stuff.

garybob

He will actually leave you a set of cows that are pretty functional, for club-calf stuff, anyway.

red

friends are using him on a roan Shorty heifer. Nephew doing the AI'ing & I hadn't heard much about him.

Thanks,

Red

OH Breeder

Red Roan, more well known son's of Red Knight. Females make great cow. I have a Double Hope x Red Kinght that I really like. Milks well has a great udder and extremely feminine. Her calves usually have great bone, lots of hair. He is not a heifer bull per say....THF, and far as I know PH F. I haver three straws of Red Knight semen and have yet to figure out what i am going to do with him.

shortyjock89

OH Breeder said:
Red Roan, more well known son's of Red Knight. Females make great cow. I have a Double Hope x Red Kinght that I really like. Milks well has a great udder and extremely feminine. Her calves usually have great bone, lots of hair. He is not a heifer bull per say....THF, and far as I know PH F. I haver three straws of Red Knight semen and have yet to figure out what i am going to do with him.

OH B- You can send that Red Knight semen my way! I haven't been able to find any in five years!

OH Breeder

What might you use Red Knight on? Larger framed or moderate or shorter made shorthorn? if I knew I was able to get a heifer I do it in a minute.Shoot, wish I had known.I sold two units back in march to a guy. I don't want to part with any more.

shortyjock89

OH Breeder said:
What might you use Red Knight on? Larger framed or moderate or shorter made shorthorn? if I knew I was able to get a heifer I do it in a minute.Shoot, wish I had known.I sold two units back in march to a guy. I don't want to part with any more.

Well, I would use him on my moderate framed Sonny cow.  I would actually flush her to him I think.  If I could get some of that stuff, I would flush her in a minute.  Or, if I didn't use it on her, I would use it on my RB Eagle 148 daughter.. I would definately go with the Sonny cow first.  I'm just imagining the calves I could get out of that mating...good stuff!!  Oh, and just out of curiosity, how much did you get for the Red Knight semen?

OH Breeder

shortyjock89 said:
OH Breeder said:

Well, I would use him on my moderate framed Sonny cow.  I would actually flush her to him I think.  If I could get some of that stuff, I would flush her in a minute.  Or, if I didn't use it on her, I would use it on my RB Eagle 148 daughter.. I would definately go with the Sonny cow first.  I'm just imagining the calves I could get out of that mating...good stuff!!  Oh, and just out of curiosity, how much did you get for the Red Knight semen?
I paid 150/straw and that is what i got for it. Let me think on this one. Maybe we could work a flush out. I will send you an email.

DL

afhm said:
Get ahold of Joel Brooks JBS Shorthorns in IL he owned him.  If I remember correctly he was a Red Knight or a Cunia, he threw some awesome show calves.  He also sired Windstar.

Windstar (BR Windstar) is a PHA carrier but he get it from the bottom side (good old Stinger)

yuppiecowboy

Mike Bothell by Iowa City raised him. Red Knight out of a Dividend cow. Funny thing is Mike is the only person on the planet who had lousy SM calves. I think sm lived till he was about 15. I am actually surprised he hasn't exploded in popularity since he is free of all the gunk genetics.