Steers

Help Support Steer Planet:

renegade

What does every one have for steers? I need something that will be no more than 600 in december - preffer a little smaller. I like color or solid red and less than $1000 from the mid west to west.

Sam

If I remember right, you are from southern oregon area, there are steer sales taking place on 9-20-08 at the lane county fair grounds, 9-27-08 at the jackson county fairgrounds and there are two more taking place in october, one is in roseburg, one is in prineville. To view pics of calves in the lane county one go to www.lcla.gov. that should take you to their home page. Good luck

Ruchian

Sam said:
If I remember right, you are from southern oregon area, there are steer sales taking place on 9-20-08 at the lane county fair grounds, 9-27-08 at the jackson county fairgrounds and there are two more taking place in october, one is in roseburg, one is in prineville. To view pics of calves in the lane county one go to www.lcla.gov. that should take you to their home page. Good luck

There will be some nice steers at the one in jackson county but most of them will go for more than the $1000 limit in the post and most of them will be black or black and white.  Also most of them will be around 550 or 600 pounds at sale time, not in december.

Sam

Have you seen any of the heifers that will be in the jackson county sale?

Ruchian

I saw one of dwight heffners heffers and one of his steers at the josephine county fair.  they will both be in the sale, from the sounds of it the girl that won jackson county this year is going to buy this steer, and she usually doesn't have a price limit.  They were both really nice calves.  I also saw Country Inn Cattle's calves and they have some really nice steers and heifers this year.  I was planning on being there both days but I have to be in corvallis on the heifer day, I will probably come for the steers though.

If you don't find anything country inn has their own sale a week or two after this one so you could talk to them about what they will have there, they are in Klamath Falls.

Ruchian

Another place to look would be strickler livestocck in Orland, California.  He already had his sale but he still had some steers and heifers left.

roycattle

This is a payback out of an irish whiskey sired cow.  Born late march he is very gentle.  Priced at 1000$

Attachments

• pay.jpg
    pay.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 445

Sam

What day is the heifer sale on? I thought that both sales were on Saturday?

renegade

roycattle said:
This is a payback out of an irish whiskey sired cow.  Born late march he is very gentle.  Priced at 1000$

How much does he weigh? Do you have a shot of him from behind?
How do I get a hold of strickler livestock?

Ruchian

Sam said:
What day is the heifer sale on? I thought that both sales were on Saturday?

The steer sale starts at 5 on saturday with viewing all day, the heifer show is at 1 on sunday and the heifer sale is at 4 on sunday.

roycattle

The payback steer weighs around 425.  I can post more pictures this weekend.

roycattle

rear view of payback and sunseeker heifer

Attachments

• pa3.jpg
    pa3.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 286
  • pa1.jpg
    pa1.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 280
  • sun2.jpg
    sun2.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 279