steps?

Help Support Steer Planet:

pigguy

how do you groom your legs? i will start off by pulling them up with fourmula 1 adhesive, then spray a light coat of tail adhesive, then spray a light coat of white touch up and the clip slightly if needed. then spray a good coat of white touch up for building, then i will spray another light coat of tail adhecive, Then spary On black touch up and finisher. 
How does every one else do it?

strawroanlova

well we do it about the same but before we put the black finisher on we put a coat of auborn so that the white touch up does not shine through the black

shortyjock89

Pull with Prime time, clip, pull with tail glue, clip again...the more you comb, the fuller the leg will look, so do alot more combing than spraying..  Then, it's time for ultra white, more clipping, then it depends on what color the calf is.  If black, I'll use auburn or the brown touch up, then the black. If white, just the ultra white. If red, ultra white, then auburn.  When using the auburn paint, be sure to have the can a pretty decent distance from the leg..that stuff is sticky and if you're too close, it will weigh the hair down and make a mess. 

Use the least amount of glue necessary. It makes the calf look alot better, and the leg alot fuller.  I don't use paint every time I fit a calf, like alot of people do. I find that if you don't use paint, the calf will appear more natural, as it should. 

Turkey Creek Ranch

Since we just show at county fair, we usually put in some shaving cream, comb it up and work it iin. Then hit it with some Prime Time and Black Touch Up to cover up any shaving cream that may be left, and blend the black from the hooves up through the leg.

Cowboy

I'll admit that for a couple seconds there -- you guys had me going. I was certain you were talking about our hairy legged Russian born nieghbor lady!!!

WHEW -- scared the hell out of me --  ;D ;D ;D (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

Got to remember that right after a birthday -- it takes me more time to regnerate the brain cells -- but I got it -- what a rush hey??? hehehehehe

Have a great day all -- fresh skiff of snow on the ground, 35 degrees, sunny -- just a great day to be alive! Thus the extra smiles to all !!!

Terry

SWMO

DITTO Terry 

Great day here.  No WIND 8) to speak of and up to 45.  Beautiful. 

red

how do you do it in no paint shows?
Loved your idea Cowboy! You made my day!!!

Red

pigguy

dont use white touch up, dont use tail adheisive, and only use a light adhesive., and then for blow and shows(hair needs to be really trained), i will use shaving cream and get the hair laying where it needs to be. and then some shows you can use liqiud stuff but not aresoles. then i will get some rag oil, acohaol, kleen sheen and zoom bloom mix it together and spray it on them. an dthen blow, blow, blow