Stierwalts Vids

Help Support Steer Planet:

farmboy

Are his fitting videos worth buying? Im trying to get my neice into cattle figured it might be good to watch one of the fitting vids for her to get an idea of whats ahead  :)

shortyjock89

I think that they're good for someone who doesn't know a whole lot about showing cattle.  I'm not saying that I didnt' learn anything from them, because I did..but it was nothing huge.  I think they would be excellent for your neice to watch. The showmanship one helped me the most. How old is your neice?

justme

Went to his clinic at the American Royal a couple years ago and it was great.  I imagine his videos would be a great place for her to start and they would be a great reference/refresher for you too!

shortyjock89

Lol..I think that those vids would be just the thing for her if she wants to get into showing cattle.  Also, make sure she goes to your fair (that's coming up soon isn't it?)..that's where alot of learning takes place.  Maybe also let her come with you a couple times when you work on your calves.  Hands-on experience beats the heck out of just watching videos..but they help if she can't get out there in it.

shorthorns r us

send her to be a chump show cattle dump next summer. i think shortdawg will attest to what they can do for the beginners.

justintime

Kirk Stierwalt gave a couple free clinics at Canadian Western Agribition last November( he was sponsored by a feed company to come). He used a white bull calf we were showing to demonstrate with. It was extremely educational to watch him change this calf, in fact , his before and after appearance was very dramatic. In the clinic he only had time to clip one side of the calf entirely. After the second clinic was over, he found our stall in the barn and set up shop again and totally clipped the calf again. He had another crowd watching again. When he was all done I tried to pay him for the work he did and he refused to take anything for it. I thought he did a great job and he also went far beyond the call of duty as he really did not have to come and spend another two hours clipping after his clinics were completed.
In regards to his videos, I think they are well worth the cost. It doesn't take very long to recoup yoru $40 investment, even if you only get one good idea from them. I have them and have lent them to lots of 4-H kids that live close. They always seem to like them.

cowz

Here's a proposal for you and your niece.    Figure out some sort of fund raising campaign for yourselves ...aluminum cans, mowing the neighbor's yards, etc.  Get on Stierwalt's site and see when he is doing the full fittling clinic near you.  If you can come up with the registration $$  it would be well worth it for you to go in person.  You will get one on one instruction.  I thought it was awesome.  It would be really fun if the 2 of you could go together.  You will come away from there very inspired. 

Call your local extension office or state university extension people.  Usually they have videos to lend out.

red

he has fitting clinic through-out Ohio. There are a lot of good oppurtunities to see him.
My nephews bought a lot of his videos & they really thought they helped. But just getting out & doing the best thing possible. I liked to practice on calves that weren't going to a show but were tame. Maybe she can work on one of those.

Red

pigguy

we were going to go to one, it was about 300$$ i never got around to it thouhg