stolen blowers and cart from the ohio beef expo

Help Support Steer Planet:

mandl

its amazing that people in this "family oriented" show world are stealing peoples show equipment.  We had two almost new air express II blowers on a red blower cart stolen from the ohio beef expo sometime last night.  One blower was blue and the other was lime green.  Alls i want is our blowers back, we are offering a reward for the return of the blowers.  you can remain anonymous.  I havent been doing this very long but im pretty disgusted with these kind of people.  Its sad we have never thought about stealing someones equipment even if it was better than ours, please for the sake of god leave your hands off of other peoples property, have a little respect.  pm if you have any info.

shortyjock89

Well, that sucks. I had my aluminum chute stolen at NAILE this last fall. It was cabled and padlocked to a concrete pillar too.  Good luck getting your stuff back, some folks just can't help themselves I guess.

savaged

The good ole days of "you can trust people like us" are long gone.  It's a sad deal when we steal from each other, but these are - well they have to be - the same kind of people that will do anything for a ribbon and cash.

Please don't let it discourage you from realizing that there are still a heck of a lot of great people at the shows too.

Check with your auto insurance carrier.  It may be covered under theft because the equipment was in transport.

vet tech

its sad that even if you lock up your stuff its still not safe

smithhal1

sorry to hear about, some shows we lock our things up - well all but a couple. Hope you get your things back!

shortyjock89

Steer R Us said:
sorry to hear about, some shows we lock our things up - well all but a couple. Hope you get your things back!

I can't imagine not locking our things up, every time. We've even had to take down fans every night and bring them to the camper/home/hotel because there were some serious thefts going on.

Show Heifer

Bulldaddy said:
Good luck getting your blowers back.  I doubt that the thief was anyone showing cattle. 

I doubt whoever stole the blowers DO NOT show cattle. 99% of the people at a cattle show, SHOW CATTLE. Especially when it isn't a state fair type situation.

Good luck getting your blowers. For this very reason, I mark my equipment with both visiable and NON visuable markers. Imagine the surprise when you walk up to take your blower back and when they call security, you simply say "I bet you a trip to jail my initials are welded RIGHT THERE."    Kills a lot of egotistical arrogence withouth raising your voice. It is a beautiful thing.

blackcows

Bulldaddy said:
Good luck getting your blowers back.  I doubt that the thief was anyone showing cattle. 

Unfortunatly I think you can be pretty certain that it was someone showing cattle.  I doubt anyone that doesn't show cattle would know what a blower is or that two of them on a cart are quite valuable.

Mike

kanshow

Unfortunatly I think you can be pretty certain that it was someone showing cattle.  I doubt anyone that doesn't show cattle would know what a blower is or that two of them on a cart are quite valuable.
Unless they stole it for the cart or something stupid like that.... 

mandl

who knows who stole it, just really sucks.  you work your butt off to buy this stuff and someone thinks they have the right to just help themselves.  What makes it worse is we baught the one blower just a couple months ago along with the cart and the dual hose.  Thanks for all the good comments im sure you all are good people.

OH Breeder

U may want to consider filing a police report some homeowners/farm insurance policies will cover these types of things.

jd720

They will probably show up on E bay or Craigslist in the near future if it wasn`t someone that shows cattle.There are probably alot of things on there that were obtained that way.

Dusty

I did hear of a generator that someone thought was stolen at the Iowa Beef Expo..  Turned out it was just impounded by the management for being locked up inside the tie-out barn.  I think from what I heard the owners turned it in stolen anyways.  LMFAO

farwest

Kearney Cattleman's Classic,  you can leave your stuff out all week for the breeds shows with the breeders there.  friday you see the junior families start rollin in for the junior show you better get your chains and padlocks out.  Sorry, seems harsh but the truth.  what kind of parent would go home knowing they had someone elses stuff.  Sad thing is , i think it' the guy stalled right next to you who puts on the nicey nice show.  I've come home with the wrong feed pan or bucket from fair and taken it to the next 4-h meeting for lost and found.