Stolen cattle at NAILE

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Heifer

I was hoping for photos of the heifers by now....I emailed the family they were stolen from, but no response yet.
Cyclone Trace is from Iowa, so I would like to think the *(&^ that stole them won't place them in their real owners back yard, but I suppose dumber things have happened.
They are shorties, registered, tattoo-ed, and am willing to bet could be DNA'd if needed. So what was the point in stealing them?
CAB- both families are involved the in the CATTLE industry, just like you and me. And funny how you made that judgement so quick (And I appreciate your realiazation it might be wrong) but when I go to the expo, we always left stuff out UNTIL THE JUNIORS arrived, then it was lock and key and watchful eyes!! So I guess every group is guilty! :mad:
I hope they find the heifers alive and well, and I hope the people that took them, well, find a heavy brick and a deep river! :mad: :mad:

doubled

We have shown alot with the Hunters here in Iowa and they are an honest hard working family, I feel bad that this has heppened to them.
Cant believe someone would have the guts to steal those calves. Bad Deal

Show Dad

I heard from the people who had their trailer next to them and by the information I get the cattle were picked through with the best ones taken. Sounds fishy, like an inside job. Or at the least someone who is close enough to know which ones to take. The number for loss is coming in around $150,000 - 200,000.

BTW - I have gotten down tying a hangman's noose. ;)

(Jason, again we really need the 10 gallon hat smiley)

Richburg

my brother said that there was huge sign in the shorthorn wing that had a 5,000 dollar reward for the return of two shorthorn heifers stolen from tieouts.....thats all i remember about it......i didnt know it was four heifers stolen

DLD

It is a shame, and I'd gladly help pull the rope when/if the guilty parties are found. That said, most of us around stock shows tend to rely heavily on the honor system, and it usually works, making it that much more painful to all of us when it fails. We lock our smaller valuables up in a conveniently sized box, often with wheels, and rarely bother to chain them to an immovable object. Same goes for blocking chutes, fans, dividers, etc..., not to mention our livestock. Truth be told, we're probably lucky it doesn't happen more often... (Oh, and btw, our experience has been that equipment left unlocked is safest at junior steer shows, probably then at open shows, with junior heifer shows being the worst)

I do hope they circulate some pictures of the missing heifers soon, though. I'd think chances are that they figured on showing and/or selling them in some other part of the country, thinking that no one that knew them would ever see them. Could be they plan on sticking them in a back pasture and breeding them, but people that are dumb enough to take 'em in the first place prob'ly aren't patient enough to do that, nor wise enough to never let them be seen. Hopefully they'll be identified soon.

Show Heifer

I have been in touch with Hunters, and they are hoping to get some photos and flyers out tomorrow....I guess one was the res. champion May heifer at Iowa and IBE, two were from Cyclone Trace Sale, one not shown much.....I will post as soon as I get it. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

And remember, if ANYONE knows ANYTHING, PLEASE tell Hunters, Cyclone Trace or the authorities....remember, you must might need help one day....

Latest posts