Stolen cattle at NAILE

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

Just saw on another board that the cattle stolen at L'ville have been located. Said 2 have been slaughtered and 2 were sold at a sale barn in Seymour , IN. Said they also had a pretty good idea who did it. I hope they do & catch them quick. Where's Judge Roy Bean when you need him?

jason

It would seem that they were trying to reduce competition, lots of trouble just to slaughter a couple and bring a couple to the sale barn

shortyisqueen

This just makes me sick. There wouldn't be enough miles between the thief and myself if I found out he/she put my show heifer in the plant.

justintime

The way this was handled also bothers me, if it was indeed the way I heard. I was told that the NAILE completely washed their hands of this event and as a result John Hagie had to hire his own private investigator. I certainly hope this is wrong but I have been told this by twice now.

I certainly hope that the slime ball(s) who did this are dealt with the full extent of the law. Many people who show cattle think of this as a personal attack on themselves, as well as to the Hagie and Hunter families. What still seems very strange is that this was done to two of the nicest families in this business. It also appears that the thief knew exactly which animals to take, so this appears to have been well planned out and not just a random act.
It makes me sick to think that someone would actually do this for the few $$ that would be received from slaughter and auction market proceeds. Makes me wonder how deep this plot was and how many are involved. Let's hope that some heads roll if there are more involved.

Show Heifer

Update: They recovered 2 of the smaller heifers at a salebarn after the purchaser became suspisious and called the authorities. The bigger ones are still not accounted for but should have more information on Monday or Tuesday. They also went through the barn.
Hopefully, they will be recovered unharmed.

stick

Why weren't the sale barns notified to be watching for the stolen cattle? Pretty easy to distinguish between feeder and slaughter calves and show cattle.

Show Heifer

Just a guess, but I would think it would be hard to notify EVERY SINGLE SALEBARN in the surrounding states.
I also wonder how much cooperation the salebarns would really have if selling 2-3 thousand head, after 12 hours of selling, I am sure the "expert eyes" got tired.  Also, the calves may have been dirty and wet etc....might have been a bit hard to reconginize. I doubt they were washed and groomed before being hauled to the barn.  Again, just a guess.

I just hope the other two are located and are safe.