Straight calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

BCCC

Have a 1st calf heifer that had a super straight calf out of dr. who, she herself isn't real straight, is there any hope that her other calves wont be straight her should I just ship her?

OH Breeder

BC what was her breeding? You say sire of calf was Dr. Who? I made mistake of breeding a Get It Done heifer to Who Made Who got a real straight one. I bred her back to Hairy Bear. She is not straight herself either.

bcosu

i've seen real straight doctor who's out of fairly sound cows.

not many, just a couple.

maybe the genes lined up just right for a bad one this time...

zak

I have a wild card cow that is really sound and her 1st calf by dr who was really straight. She hasn't had a second calf yet, but I would for sure give your cow  another shot with something without wmw in it.

Zak

Telos

Dr. Who is one bull that can make them too straight especially if the cow goes back to some of the same genetics. Saw a Dr Who that had Spastic Paralysis.

TottenClubCalves

If she's not real straight I would give her another shot, Honestly maybe breed her to something you know throws something with good structure. Just so you can see. Good luck with her Karlton

willow

We had a Dr.Who calf out of a Shorthorn cross cow and she was to straight, but none of her other calves were that way.