strange weather

Help Support Steer Planet:

nysteerguy

so it is sunny and 70 last tuesday, all the snow is gone and the ground is actually starting to dry up.  what happens in western new york it starts to snow again and i am not talking about a few inches oh no I got home on friday for Easter break and we had a 1 and a half feet on the ground.  seriously what is up with that...

-NYER

red

nysteerguy said:
so it is sunny and 70 last tuesday, all the snow is gone and the ground is actually starting to dry up.  what happens in western new york it starts to snow again and i am not talking about a few inches oh no I got home on friday for Easter break and we had a 1 and a half feet on the ground.  seriously what is up with that...

-NYER

Well, you know if it was the other way around (higher temps) they would be screaming about Global Warming. Heard though they are blaming it on a jet stream. All I can say is that my spring bulbs are laying flat, my lilac bushes & other flowering trees have brown leaves. My perennial plants that came up are all but dead. Hoping things will come back OK. The alfalfa field across the road also looks a little sick.
Good news is the guys are starting to put 82% on the fields & actually getting some of the equipment out to start working ground. I'll go about 2 months of not seeing hubby. :'(

Red

genes

Yeah we've had snow and cold for a week or so here too :mad:  I know it's a bad sign when I call my parents in Saskatchewan and their weather is better than mine.  Plus,  it was only about one week after it got up to over +20C one day (I think that's maybe 80ish.....I'm terrible at C to F conversions).  I need time to acclimatiize.....

Latest posts