SULL Blue Blood

Help Support Steer Planet:

JCC

We were looking to use blue blood and was wondering if anyone has any experience with him. We are looking to use him on some moderate framed, soggy gutted, easy doing, cross bred cows. TIA

lowann

We have two calves coming in April out of him. One out of a MoJo cow, the other out of a Who Made Who / Platinum cow.
I'm very excited about these calves. I really like Blue Blood. His calves last spring were reported as being well put together.

Wiley

I have one due in august would really appreciate some info about those that have some spring borns out of him so i know what 2 expect thanks for the help

cowzrus

had a gorgeous white heifer out him this summer, super stout from behind and as sound as a cat.  Mom was a double vision maine cow (blue roan) very low bw right in the upper 60's and only three days early.  Lots of body depth.  I am very pleased and ready to use him again.

lowann

lowann said:
We have two calves coming in April out of him. One out of a MoJo cow, the other out of a Who Made Who / Platinum cow.
I'm very excited about these calves. I really like Blue Blood. His calves last spring were reported as being well put together.
We got our first Blue Blood calf today. 11 days early. Blue roan heifer, out of the Who Made Who/Platinum cow.
She's around 75 lbs.

thats funny

Here are some pictures of a Blue Blood heifer that we sold last fall...she was really good, and also sound as a cat....also really really really tame.

Attachments

• 100_0248.JPG
    100_0248.JPG
    902.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 100_0249.JPG
    100_0249.JPG
    797.8 KB · Views: 188

Wiley

Got one bred to manchild my blue blood is  due first my man childs gonna be an odd birth date took me forever to get two of my cows to come in just got them bred last week actually one to man child and one to I Am Legend

Sly

Bred one purebred horn to him.  10 days late solid red bull about 85 pounds.  Got alot of look and good boned.  I like him alot has potential.  Will try to get pictures.

Jacob B

I have only seen one, so take this for what it is wort.  calf was out of a little bitty three way cross cow that wasn't much to look at.  The heifer claf was pretty deep, stout, and had enough bone for a clubby type momma and has matured quite well.  Just not super sound down into her pasturns.  Could be a little more mobile at that point.  Blue blood added the fleshing ability and just about everything to this calf.  I like the female, just not sound enuff fora purebred female, will work oas a clubby I think.

Bulldogg

I have had four.. out of two pure shorthorns, one 3/4 shorthorn plus, and one crossbreed herford. The two pure horns were one and two days over, both bulls and weighed 100 lbs. and 110lbs. (I had to pull one) red/white/roan color. The shorthorn plus had a heifer six days early and weighed 80lbs. red/white color. The crossbreed had a heifer weighed 90 lbs. and was 3 days late brownish red color. All have nice bone, big tops, and verry attractive color / pattersons. I would like a little more lower quarter. Just my two cents..

Sly

one picture Blue Blood Bull out of purebreed shorthorn

Attachments

• 4109 046.jpg
    4109 046.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 214

Sly

another picture or two hopefully

Attachments

• 4109 043.jpg
    4109 043.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 206