SULL ROAN GOOSE 9020

Help Support Steer Planet:

Hofstatter Farms

As some of you know, Roan Goose is a full brother the the famous Gray Goose. He was recently purchased at the 2010 No Bull Sale. We are selling 15 shares for $1000/share. This will get you 20 free units of semen right up front and $5/unit after that to cover advertisement costs. It is a closed syndicate, so the only way to get semen on this powerhouse is to purchase a semen share. For more details, call me @ (309)208-9353. This is a deal you don't want to miss out on. For pictures, go to this website and scroll down to page 10, he is lot 8 http://www.maternallegends.com/PDFs/2010/No%20Bull%20Catalog_LRes.pdf

Hofstatter Farms

Here is a picture of Sull Roan Goose 9020. He is a Solution x Mona Lisa 35L son.

Attachments

• Sull Roan Goose 9020.jpg
    Sull Roan Goose 9020.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 93

Dooling1

Like the bull, but he was lot 12 in their sale. His full brother just below him wasn't much. Can't argue with Grey Goose's short success, but I am not sure the birth EPD's are 100 percent on.

I am not knocking the bull at all, as that cow (in my opinion) may be in the top 3 in the breed. I showed against her, and got my beat every time. Her sister may have been just as good. It put KKim on the map.

$1,000 for a share might be a little stiff, but I am sure you will get it.

Good luck, as the bull looks good.

Hofstatter Farms said:
Here is a picture of Sull Roan Goose 9020. He is a Solution x Mona Lisa 35L son.

Hofstatter Farms

Dooling1 said:
Like the bull, but he was lot 12 in their sale. His full brother just below him wasn't much. Can't argue with Grey Goose's short success, but I am not sure the birth EPD's are 100 percent on.

I am not knocking the bull at all, as that cow (in my opinion) may be in the top 3 in the breed. I showed against her, and got my beat every time. Her sister may have been just as good. It put KKim on the map.

[/quote]
First off his full brother sold for 9800 or so, which last i checked was nothing to sneaze at, and secondly last time i looked, this is the cheapest syndicate that you could ever buy into, THAT I KNOW OF, but i have been wrong before. he was sold for 11,500 and we are just selling enought shares to break even on the bull and the feed it will take to keep him alive for the next several years. with the first 20 units being free, it is like buying 20 units for $50/unit. Would love to know how that is stiff.

Ric

the bull looks great and the cow he's outta sure has done quite well!!

Doc

Dooling1 said:

I think the $1,000 is very reasonable. Last the last bull I bought a share in was CF Primo & that was $2,500 for a full share & $1,500 for a half share. I paid for my share with the first calf.
I think the bull looks good & you can't argue with production record of those genetics.
As far as the BEPD goes, I agree the -.8 seems a little low for the genetics , but the facts remain that , that is the way the ASA has computed them. These guys that bought the bull aren't the ones that came up with the EPD's.

Dooling1

Doc,

I totally agree with all of your statements. I said it MIGHT be high, but after further review, it seems more than fair.

Actually, I am glad these people bought him as they are great folks. Plus Howdy is a cut above most in character. Great guy and family.

This bull was actually my pick of all the bulls in that sale.

linnettejane said:
nice bull!  sounds reasonable to me too...good luck! 

mark tenenbaum

He looks good-but how many people are going to use 20-30 straws of any bull in the shorthorn breed? It mostly consists of some pretty small herds-Asset is $50 per straw I believe-It would seem you might do better selling some semen where the rest of us bottom feeders will bite-There just isnt that much money in the breed from my 18 years-and there are alot of the same genetics O0

Hofstatter Farms

Thank you all for your interest in the bull. There are still a few shares available, let me know if you are interested. (309)208-9353

Hofstatter Farms

shortdawg said:
Nice bull ! I heard you all got the best one there.
Thank you, we thought so, but it is all a matter of opinion. We love the genetics and the price is perfect so we made the decision to invest in something that may be the next big thing.