Sullivan Farm's Shorthorn Bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

princess

Does anyone know where someone coud get semen off off the bull from sullivan farms off of the Hall's Enchantress bloodline.unfortunately his name escapes me right now.  He is a red bull and a shorthorn plus one. He is pretty new for them and is super hot. My folks have several shorthorn x limousin cows that I would like to A.I. him to. I think he is awesome. As well does anyone know if Sullivan's has semen available off there blue roan bull off their website. He is super cool and I know could sire some awesome show steers.

shortdawg

They have another bull out there named " Blue " that is a full sib to the SULL Pure Hottie heifer that won everything last year. I saw him two weeks ago when I was out there and he was flat good. They had peeled him down so he would have fresh hair for L'ville and he still looked awesome. Big footed, big testicles, and lots of muscle.

shortdawg

I didn't see them when I was there but he has some calves in his sale out of cloned dams.

tucker

I am going, i seen the cattle last weekend. the group of bred heifers is  very impressive,deep in quality and genetics ,there is 42 bred heifers .the 25th  best one was still  top end  at alot of places . one nice app. heifer, several good purebred open heifers. but i was most impressed with the bred heifer offering. cowey and  sound structured.

Davis Shorthorns

I think that I am going???? some things came up and now I am not for sure.  I really want to see the Dazzler calves.

oakbar

Well, if any of you attend the sale and see a grizzled, old guy walking around looking broke and wearing an Oakbar cap-- come up and introduce yourself.  I'd love to meet some of the SP gang!!

I have an offer for all the SP folks!!

If you need a cheerleader to help you spend your money or to even to help you raise your bid hand-- I can do that!!  I love buying cattle with someone else's money!!  Probably because I have so little of my own!!  Don't worry my daughter will be with me, and she thinks the only thing I have less of than money is the ability to evaluate cattle.  I promise that my opinion may not be worth much, but like most cattlemen, I'll give it to you anyway-- whether or not you want it! 

Don't worry, none of the above is true!!  Well, except I do have some grizzled, grey hair on my chin, I am old by some people's standards, and  I am broke compared to almost everyone!  I guess my daughter really doesn't have a very high opinion of my judgement and  I guess I am kind of opinionated!!  But, I won't give you my opinion unless asked (most of the time) and I won't bid for you (unless you stop bidding too early).   

Oh, heck, I guess most of what I orginally said is true---but don't let it stop you from introducing yourself anyway!!  See you in Dunlap!!

OH Breeder

shortdawg said:
I didn't see them when I was there but he has some calves in his sale out of cloned dams.
Do they designate a calf that comes out of cloned female? I guess it makes no difference but think it is interesting.

oakbar

I could be wrong, but I think the clone females are labeled with a -1 ET following their name.  For example, Sull Myrtle Bo 46-1 ET is a cloned sister to CF Myrtle Bo 46 TPX and Sull Cherri-1 ET would be a clone to DJS Cherri 205.  If this isn't right, someone correct me, but that's the way it appears to be noted in the catalog.  That's the only two I noticed in the catalog but perhaps there's more.