Sullivan supply new catalog

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

I just got my new Sullivan Supply catalog in the mail. Their front cover is of a show ring. You can see a lot of the people watching from the make-up ring. It's fun to look & see how many people you recognise! Anyone know what show this is from?
Also in case no one realized, the picture that shows their supply trailer, the kids in the wagon are Jill's.

Red

red

you probably can't see the faces if I scan it in. Might be from somewhere in Ohio because I see a lot of Ohio faces.

Red

afhm

If it is the same picture that is on the front[age of their website then that is the 2004 Louisville steer show.  The steer the judge is handling is the Reserve Grand Steer that year. 

cowz

Has anyone tried the new Black Velvet dye.....what does it smell like....I hate the smell of the young color!

red

it shows up better on the catalog than the website. But you are right about it being Louisville.

Red

red

Cowz, I haven't smelled the new hair dye but I've heard good things about it. they also are selling an activator w/ it now. That's something new.
Also see they're carrying the eZall products. I really like the body wash line & applicator. Don't have the build-up you do w/ other shampoos. Also theiradhesive remover "It's All Gone" sure smells better than Hocus Pocus. You can use it on a wet animal too were the other didn't work well. Not nearly as bad of fumes or as harsh.

Red

afhm

For me the new dye doesn't work near as good as young color, it takes more of it and doesn't last as long.  I personally like the young color smell better than all the others I have tried.

cowz

It's not that the smell is bad, but that sweet smell never agrees with me.  I do wish that if Sullivans is repackaging dye, they put enough in one bottle kit to do the average 1000# animal.  Picky, Picky.

I am looking forward to the new "It's all gone"  I like the fact that it works when wet,  young showmen sometimes get too eager to get to the washrack and miss a few spots!  Now quality control (Dad and Mom) can fix those ooops spots after they get wet!!

ShowStopper

cowz said:
It's not that the smell is bad, but that sweet smell never agrees with me.   I do wish that if Sullivans is repackaging dye, they put enough in one bottle kit to do the average 1000# animal.   Picky, Picky.

I am looking forward to the new "It's all gone"  I like the fact that it works when wet,  young showmen sometimes get too eager to get to the washrack and miss a few spots!  Now quality control (Dad and Mom) can fix those ooops spots after they get wet!!

We decided to spend the few extra bucks (it seemed like it at the time) for the It's Gone adhesive remover at the last couple shows we've been to. It works wonders. Nothing like Hocus Pocus. I was amazed at how fast it got the adhesive broke down, especially on the tail head. A couple squirts and maybe a minute and it was all gone!! (clapping) (clapping)Well worth the money...and when it comes right down to it, a quart of it costs the same as the Hocus Pocus. Can't wait to try the Black Velvet though. ;)

Jill

cowz said:
Has anyone tried the new Black Velvet dye.....what does it smell like....I hate the smell of the young color!
Love the new dye, it doesn't have the toxic smell the old stuff has and the smell doesn't linger for days.  If you are dying white, you still need the old stuff, anything else the new stuff does a great job.  There isn't enough in the bottle to do a 1000 pound animal, but we used 2 packages (4 bottles) per animal and got along fine.
LOVE the it's gone, that is the best product anyone has come out with in a long time.  We have used it all season, with a full case of Hocus-Pocus that may never get used again.
The picture on the front is Louisville, not sure on the year.
Has anyone bought the new fogger bottle, we have one and I can't figure out how to stop it, it doesn't have the little finger hole on top when you want to cut the fog for a moment.

red

One of the best thing they did was to give away samples of the It's Gone to the showers at Louisville. I tried it & was hooked. Plus it's not as toxic as the Hocus Pocus.
It's nice to see them come out w/ really new & improved show products. Plus the eZall benefits many programs. They have a kcik-back to FFA, the Ohio Beef BEST programs & many more. always good to buy something that gives something back!

Red

genes

I think anything less toxic has gotta be a plus, especially with all these kids and their little pink lungs fitting indoors.