Sullivan's Arctic Circle, and wave tamer.

Help Support Steer Planet:

Blue25

I was curious if Sullivan's Arctic Circle was worth the money, and I was also wondering if Sullivan's Wave Tamer works very well, if so,  will you see results after one use?

sewwhat

We have used the Wave Tamer and it does work immediately, though I have been told if you use it on a regular basis it works even better.  We had a heifer with super curly hair and it looked very smooth after using.  Make sure you follow the directions completely.  The hair kinda feels funny after you follow all the instructions.

farmin female

I haven't used the wave tamer but have seen on here where you can use fabric softner for the same results.  I have used downey and thought it helped on a heatwave haired calf. 

The artic circle is nice if you live in an area of low humidity such as the Southwest which is where I live.  They can put that moisture in the air and drop the temp several degrees doing so.  Not sure how they work in other areas.  We found that if you put them on a timer they work better becasue they can put too much moisture in your cool barn and end up with a wet mess.

The artic circle does a good  job, in my opinion just make sure you have  a good  filter because the tips will plug up fast or at least mine did

SlickTxMaine

brent schnettgoecke said:
The artic circle does a good  job, in my opinion just make sure you have  a good  filter because the tips will plug up fast or at least mine did

You have to soak the tips in vinegar over night, or buy an extra set and swap them out daily. 

Dozer45

Wave Tamer is the best! It will work on one use but if you start about a week before the show it does a better job.

MCC

You will need to put a filter on. We bought an extra set of nozzles and changed them out at night and put the ones that we used that day in vinegar to soak until the next night. The one thing I didn't like about the misters was we have a lot of alkali in our water and even with the filter the alkali would get in the motors of our fans and ruin them.

flacowman

even in high humidity (80% is a good day most of the year) the misters work great.  as someone already said watch out for excess moisture and use a filter.  we tried a thermometer and the temp dropped nearly 15 degrees on average from right behind the fan to the mistiest airflow