Sullivan's Artic Chill misting ring

Help Support Steer Planet:

Yeager4825

I was curious to see if anyone has used the Sullivan's Arctic chill misting ring. I am talking about the newer one that was introduced last year not the old red ones. Is it a good product or does it just turn everything into a watery mess like the old red rings. Thank you in advance!

blackdirt cowboy

You're better off going to a tractor supply or sprayer supply store(Wylie here in Texas) and buying rubber hose and ultra fine sprayer tips. I did this last summer and built a whole barn misting system. I have 10 fans and 10 misters in my barn, and after running them all day, there isn't anything wet at all. The most is fine enough that it evaporates before it lands on anything, and that's really what you are after. It's the evaporation that cause the cooling effect.

If your mist isn't fine enough and the cattle actually get and stay wet, it can actually suffocate them. Especially in our climate where we have a really humid heat during the summer.

Tallcool1

blackdirt cowboy said:
You're better off going to a tractor supply or sprayer supply store(Wylie here in Texas) and buying rubber hose and ultra fine sprayer tips. I did this last summer and built a whole barn misting system. I have 10 fans and 10 misters in my barn, and after running them all day, there isn't anything wet at all. The most is fine enough that it evaporates before it lands on anything, and that's really what you are after. It's the evaporation that cause the cooling effect.

If your mist isn't fine enough and the cattle actually get and stay wet, it can actually suffocate them. Especially in our climate where we have a really humid heat during the summer.

Is there any benefit to running really fine misters inside a cooler?  In other words, cooler set at 50 or whatever with fans running as well.  Will misters in this environment cause even better results?

GoWyo

Tallcool1 said:
blackdirt cowboy said:

Is there any benefit to running really fine misters inside a cooler?  In other words, cooler set at 50 or whatever with fans running as well.  Will misters in this environment cause even better results?

No.  It will not evaporate.  Just increase humidity and set the stage for ringworm and other nasty stuff.