Sullivans Grill Brick?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dozer45

Is it one of those black things you use to remove hair/ dirt? We use em on the horses all the time and have had sucess on the cows as well

thebulllady

That's funny... we used to use those 15 years ago.  They only work well on slick cattle, but nothing works better on a Brahman. I didn't think Sully's even carried them anymore.

CANsteer

i use just a regular barbeque grill brick to take the dead hair out of my steers. i really helps in the summer when the shed out. i just drag it straight down

Ohioteerchick

Yeah, they had them on the website. The one I bought was for horses, but I figured it would work with steers, as long as it didn't yank out all my calf hair that is.

OH Breeder

Ohiosteerchick said:
Yeah, they had them on the website. The one I bought was for horses, but I figured it would work with steers, as long as it didn't yank out all my calf hair that is.

We use them in the late sumer when they shed and the winter coat starts to come in. They work great for dead hair. BUT we just went o lowe's and picked up a regular grill brick. you can run through a single brick on one calf if they are hairy enough. I worked the coat both down and forward. If you don't wash and blow them before it picks up the dirt real quick.

ruhtram

CANsteer said:
i use just a regular barbeque grill brick to take the dead hair out of my steers. i really helps in the summer when the shed out. i just drag it straight down

I use for dead hair too!

CANsteer

Cruiser said:
CANsteer said:

I use for dead hair too!
it makes it so much easier when you are growing hair because it gets rid of all the dead stuff and makes room for new, fresh hair.

Latest posts