Sullivan's New Products

Help Support Steer Planet:

garett

Has anyone seen or used Sullivan's new combs, the SMART Comb or The Hair Wizard? Both look like they could be pretty cool, but I couldn't find them on the website. Just saw them in the latest issue of The Show Circuit.

shortyjock89

Garett said:
Has anyone seen or used Sullivan's new combs, the SMART Comb or The Hair Wizard? Both look like they could be pretty cool, but I couldn't find them on the website. Just saw them in the latest issue of The Show Circuit.

I think the SMART Comb is a fantastic idea, I wish I had thought of it!  The hair Wizard just looks like a modified dog brush or wool card, but I'm sure it will end up being part of most fitters' arsenal. The SMART Comb would be a great gift idea for a youngster, or someone just getting into showing cattle.

Jacob B

I have used one of those dog brushes for a while.  I love it!  I get a little carried away with the glue sometimes and that helpes me break it up a bit and make it look more natural.  Also helps me with cleaning my clippers when I get too much glue on the blades...I know I shouldn't, but when I get in a hurry it happens.  Realy like it for doing tailheads too.  They are such a fine tooth dealy that it breaks up the hair very well n can make everything look so much more natural.

jakec53

I called Sullivans to get a Smart comb.  They do have them but right now you have to call to get them.  They are brand new and thought they would have them on their website next week.  New catalog coming too.  My neighbor got ahold of one and loves it.

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

052811951050%255B00%255D-743949.jpg

garett

jakec53 said:
I called Sullivans to get a Smart comb.  They do have them but right now you have to call to get them.  They are brand new and thought they would have them on their website next week.  New catalog coming too.  My neighbor got ahold of one and loves it.

How much were are they asking for them?

I wish they could have thought of this before.

wyatt

Aussie said:
do you feel left out lol well you shouldn't its just a regular dog comb lol im sure youve seen one mostly used on dogs there lol and a comb just for combing long hair and fluffing it up

DLKRanch

The smart comb is pretty interesting.  Great idea.  You can have 3 combs in one.  I like the idea that it's so lightweight too, especially for youngsters.  I'm liking the idea of that Hair Wizard.  It looks to have the same wire brush as a dog comb but its easier to use because of the handle and its in a cattle comb design.  Pretty cool.

showcat

I think both those new combs will have their place in the industry.  I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the wizard comb.  I think it's going to be a great showbarn tool.  The Alert could be a good product on hot days when cattle tend to get lazy in the ring.

wyatt

we have been using a dog comb for 2 years sullivans only did this to increase sales against there new competitor jmo

The Show

The smart comb would be good for someone just starting out, but for people like myself that have been doing it for a while we have several combs of every kind. I probably have 20 between the show box and the barn so I don't think I'll be getting one. The hair wizard however does look kind of neat. Even though it's just a dog comb shaped like the combs we like to use I'll probably end up with at least one before its over with.

steerjock48

the hair wizard looks like a wool card and the smart comb is kinda neat but dose any one know a price on them ?

simmyman67

I don't think I will use the SMART comb because it is too light duty. I prefer my show equipment to be heavy duty and hold up.

wrc

My wife and kids went to Sullivans Stock Show U this week and everyone there recieved a smart comb with 1 blade of their choice.  Their stock show u is a good program and they put it on free of charge.  (clapping)

firesweepranch

Anyone going to Missouri Cattlemens show this weekend will have the oppertunity to participate in Stock Show U (Mark Sullivan is doing it) and we also get to particiapte at our Simmental Nationals this year!

dkttyler

The Show said:
The smart comb would be good for someone just starting out, but for people like myself that have been doing it for a while we have several combs of every kind. I probably have 20 between the show box and the barn so I don't think I'll be getting one. The hair wizard however does look kind of neat. Even though it's just a dog comb shaped like the combs we like to use I'll probably end up with at least one before its over with.

Agree with this word for word, i have all the combs they make but these 2 why do i needthem if i havethe others...