Sullivan's Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

Anyone have any idea how it went or am I late to the party and missed the post somewhere. ???

DL

OH Breeder said:
Anyone have any idea how it went or am I late to the party and missed the post somewhere. ???

Always good looking, always on time - I haven't a clue but I don't think you missed anything! Anybody know what happened to Aviator? It says in Frenchie's ad in SHC that he died...??

fluffer

Sullivans Pasture Sale-
Well it must have gone pretty dang good.  We put a bid in on a steer and they never called us back...must have gotten what they wanted out of their calves. ;)

common sense

Not condoning anything but I know that we had a couple of bids that were made which listed phone numbers that were out of service and also numbers that were nevered answered and had the mailboxes either turned off or full.  I think that it's really important if you bid on an animal that you call back at the close of the sale, not a week or two later, and verify your bid and the status. The sellers are at the complete mercy of the telephone systems and we all know what a headache our phones can be sometimes! ;D

fluffer

Oh, I completley understand that happens.  We actually had a bid in on another steer and the seller had the wrong number for one of the other bidders.  We told them to take their time and try to find the # for the other guy.  We were in no hurry and wanted to be fair.
As for the sale in question.. we did call them back later that night.  They were still selling high sellers and said they would call us back when they got to the steer we bid on.  That was what, 9 days ago? 

We ended up getting another steer bought that we liked better anyways, so it worked out just fine.

Latest posts