Sunburns and fun!

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

Last week we had a mini Steerplanet gathering at the Rocky Mountain Beef Expo in Greeley.  Frostback, Showcattlegal, showcattlegal's mom and I had a nice hen party  while we were watching the steer show.  Jimmyski was also spotted in the crowd.  Showing wisdom beyond his years, he avoided our hen party.  Next time Jim, we will corner you!

Anyhow, I know Frosty and I are really crisp.  I burnt myself good today at my "town" job.....now I have blisters.  I usually use vinegar.

Anyone have good home remedies?

Bawndoh

I used to use Aloe Vera gel from the store.  Now I use a plain old handlotion of any kind.  The burn needs moisturising.  Since I have switched to regular lotion, I tend to peel a LOT less.  Just keep it moisturised as to prevent wrinkles....or to prevent more wrinkles. (lol).

AAOK

A client of mine has a product I highly recommend; Banana Cream.  This stuff is absolutely incredible for anything that burns, stings, itches, and also for any type of cut, scratch, or rash.  If you will look at the testimonials, you'll see mine covering several areas, including Sun Burn.

http://www.nutopicals.com/testimonials.htm

frostback

Anyhow, I know Frosty and I are really crisp.  I burnt myself good today at my "town" job.....now I have blisters.  I usually use vinegar.

Well Cowz I do not recommend getting sooooo sick that you dont remember Monday. I feel human again finally. Loved the visit and will look forward to it again next year. My nose actually peeled and that has never happened. I am fairly dark to begin with. Maybe its my age too.

minimoo38

i got a severe one from when i went to mexico in mid march. i am pasty white to begin with, so i FRIED!!! i still have the lines, very clearly, on my shoulders, and they show no sign of going away soon. based on the previous severe sunburn that i got, my mexico burn should last many years

knabe

cowz said:

Anyone have good home remedies?

one time i fell asleep on the beach on my belly and got water blisters on the back of my legs.  i worked at jack in the box at the time and could not stand next to the grill.  i used wet chamois' to relieve the pain.  i was still into picking scabs at the time, but these were different.  they never really thickened up and were painful for a long time.

red

be very careful w/ sunburns! As a daughter of parents that both have had basel skin cancer, I really try to watch my time in the sun. Of course I can't prevent for getting burned but I wear a big old floppy hat & use lots of SPF cream.

Red