sunday devotionals...please share yours...

Help Support Steer Planet:

linnettejane

(email)

The Poem

I knelt to pray but not for long, I had too much to do.
I had to hurry and get to work
For bills would soon be due.
So I knelt and said a hurried prayer,
And jumped up off my knees.
My Christian duty was now done
My soul could rest at ease.....
All day long I had no time
To spread a word of cheer
No time to speak of Christ to friends,
They'd laugh at me I'd fear.
No time, no time, too much to do,
That was my constant cry,
No time to give to souls in need
But at last the time, the time to die.
I went before the Lord,
I came, I st ood with downcast eyes.
For in his hands God! held a book;
It was the book of life.
God looked into his book and said
'Your name I cannot find
I once was going to write it down...
But never found the time'

Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.

Philippians 1:3-11  (angel)

ELBEE

Paul's encouragement to the Ephesians, how applicable today.

"May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love; and may you be able to feel and understand, as all God's children should, how long, how wide, how deep, and how high his love really is; and to experience this love for yourselves, though it is so great that you will NEVER see the end of it or fully know or understand it. And so at last you will be filled up with God Himself. Now glory be to God who by His mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare ask or even dream of--- infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes."

red

our theme was: Our Fellowship w/ Christ severs our fellowship w/ evil. Our peace in Christ will cause division & strife w/ those who still cling to their fellowship w/ evil.

lessoons were from Jermiah 28:5-9, Romans 6:1b-11, Matthew 10:34-42

Red  (angel)

BRdoc

I am the youth pastor at our church. Yesterday, our lesson was on "your mouth". Trash talking, foul language, put-downs, etc... God doesn't take very lightly this kind of stuff. Proverbs tells us that what comes out of our mouths today, will return someday with a payback.  A quote I always use..."The words that come out of your mouth today had better be sweet because, you will have to eat them tomorrow!!"

Funny how many other boards just can't seem to avoid all the hatred and trash talking. Seems to me, not many TRUE christians in those situations. But, we are in a war of our own. Try working with a bunch of worldly teens today, then you'll know what i mean.

I think somebody may be paying us a Re-Visit soon!

shortdawg

This Sept. will complete our first year in an 8 yr. plan to study the whole Bible. During the first yr. we have studied Matthew, Genesis, and will conclude with Acts which we are in now. Only three books in a year is some pretty in depth study.

linnettejane

BRdoc said:
I am the youth pastor at our church. Yesterday, our lesson was on "your mouth". Trash talking, foul language, put-downs, etc... God doesn't take very lightly this kind of stuff. Proverbs tells us that what comes out of our mouths today, will return someday with a payback.  A quote I always use..."The words that come out of your mouth today had better be sweet because, you will have to eat them tomorrow!!"

Funny how many other boards just can't seem to avoid all the hatred and trash talking. Seems to me, not many TRUE christians in those situations. But, we are in a war of our own. Try working with a bunch of worldly teens today, then you'll know what i mean.

I think somebody may be paying us a Re-Visit soon!

i work with worldly teens (im a high school teacher) and it is scary!!!  here's an email i got just this morning that sort of relates to this...

Two little boys, ages 8 and 10, were excessively mischievous. They were always getting into trouble and their parents knew all about it.

If any mischief occurred in their town, the two boys were probably involved.

The boys' mother heard that a preacher in town had been successful in disciplining children, so she asked if he would speak with her boys.

The preacher agreed, but he asked to see them individually.

So the mother sent the 8 year old first, in the morning, with the older boy to see the preacher in the afternoon.

The preacher, a huge man with a booming voice, sat the younger boy down and asked him sternly, "Do you know where God is, son?"

The boy's mouth dropped open, but he made no response, sitting there wide-eyed with his mouth hanging open.

So the preacher repeated the quest ion in an even sterner tone, "Where is God?"

Again, the boy made no attempt to answer.

The preacher raised his voice even more and shook his finger in the boy's face and bellowed, "Where is God?"

The boy screamed and bolted from the room, ran directly home and dove into his closet, slamming the door behind him.

When his older brother found him in the closet, he asked, "What happened?"

The younger brother, gasping for breath, replied, "We are in BIG trouble this time,"

"GOD is missing, and they think we did it!

I can do all things through Christ that strengthens  me. Phil 4:13