Sunday Night Football Bob Costas

Help Support Steer Planet:

Mueller Show Cattle

I was wanting to see if others that watched the game caught on to this also. I was outraged when I watched it, I am a huge football fan and can't believe Costas would open his mouth on gun control or NBC would allow it or not discipline him for his comments. I don't know, but it  set me off, below is the link to his broadcast about gun control cause of the Belcher murder suicide. Can't say that I'm gonna stop watching cause I love football but wish NBC would do something about it or just mute the TV when Costas comes on. Set me off and my wife later asked what I was mad about cause she was not watching then later that night she said it was going crazy on facebook with people that was also mad about his comments. Another reason to be a member of the NRA.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/bob-costas-advocates-gun-control-sunday-night-football-164208209--nfl.html

Gargan

yea, it was totally uncalled for. any1 in a fit of anger mad enough to kill some1 would find other means to take the victims life imo. just like the crazy guy that killed the 3 people in wyoming with the bow and arrow. he should be fire, but NBC seems to be on the far left anymore so i doubt any action will be taken.

stick

Wasn't he quoting directly from a column by Jason Whitlock?

rackranch

I can believe NBC  allowed it.  It wouldn't surprise me if they put him up to it.  In my house NBC and CNN get treated the same.  We don't watch them... :mad:

RyanChandler

Just one man voicing his opinion.   The calls for him to be fired or repremanded are considerably worse than Costas' remarks.   How can you oppose gun regulation but be a proponent of NBC censoring Costas' opinion?  

Gargan

rackranch said:
I can believe NBC  allowed it.  It wouldn't surprise me if they put him up to it.  In my house NBC and CNN get treated the same.  We don't watch them... :mad:
    <beer>

J2F

They sure got rid of Hank Jr. when he took a stand on something political! Why is this different. ???

Gargan

J2F said:
They sure got rid of Hank Jr. when he took a stand on something political! Why is this different. ???

u beat me to it. lol. great point. whats good for the goose, is good for the gander!!!!!!!!!!

RyanChandler

J2F

-XBAR- said:
Gargan said:
J2F said:

u beat me to it. lol. great point. whats good for the goose, is good for the gander!!!!!!!!!!

Well because Costas' is well-spoken and Bocephus is well... a bumblin idiot.  Hank Williams Jr. Compares Obama to Hitler.- Fox & Friends - 10/3/11

You can put flowers and air freshener in an out house but it still crap inside :-*. Just cause he says things better don't mean and isn't just as dumb. He just offended parts of the fan base and should be punished the same. :mad:

PS There nothing wrong with a good ol boy getting up there telling it how they believe. You can debate right or wrong but at least he took a stand and to hell with political correctness. It was nice for a change. 

Mueller Show Cattle

Gargan said:
J2F said:

X2, that is why, just cause you call 1 more intelligent then the other, Costas might be well spoken, a well spoken idiot.

Gargan

-XBAR- said:
Gargan said:
J2F said:

Well because Costas' is well-spoken and Bocephus is well... a bumblin idiot.  Hank Williams Jr. Compares Obama to Hitler.- Fox & Friends - 10/3/11

i thought he kinda hit the nail on the head. lol. and ole hank made millions singing about havin a good time. dont sound like an idiot to me.  <beer>

Gargan

anxious to see if Costas wants to ban vehicles and alcohol since the tradegy involving the intoxicated cowboys players vehicle acident. (pop)

Show Dad

How many die from being beat with a baseball bat? Should we ban baseball?

Maybe we should ban all sports since that would solve drunk driving, wife beating, gun violence, drug abuse, self esteem issues and child molestation, just to name a few. And most important it would solve the problem of announcers from spewing verbal sewage out of their pie hole!

JMO
SD
<alien>

J2F

How many watched last night? I did not and will not if they don't do the right thing.
BOYCOTT NBC.

RyanChandler

J2F said:
How many watched last night? I did not and will not if they don't do the right thing.
BOYCOTT NBC.

and what would the "right" thing be, Mr fear monger? 

Id prefer to embrance what we have in common, our love for football, as opposed to always focusing on our differences of beliefs.  Again, just because you support someone's right to an opinion, doesn't mean you necessarily agree or disagree with that opinion.  I have a small armory of guns and I don't fell threatened by Costas' opinion in the least.