Sunseeker x Heatwave Steer

Help Support Steer Planet:

ChristaCheatham

This is my steer for the 2012-2103 show season. He is a later march chianina steer that is siredby Sunseeker and out of a Heatwave cow. He is currently eating about 24 quarts a day of mainly Fitter's Edge with Preconditioning and beet pulp. He also has all the grass/alfalfa mix hay he wants. Our first show is in December at the Hoosier Beef Congress. Advice and comments welcomed! (ground slopes in the second pic)

Attachments

• Zeus1.jpg
    Zeus1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Zeus2.jpg
    Zeus2.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 199

ChristaCheatham

Thanks! Do you think I shouldbe upping his feed more? He cleans it up pretty good, but on days when I bring him in to the barn and "snack" him all day he's not as hungry by the evening feeding, but other than that he's been cleaning it up pretty good.

Buck

Nice steerthat should get better with time! He appears to be a stout one with a really good hip and hind leg structure. The pictures were take from a funny angle and makes him look a little short. Both through his front end and body cavity. He appears to have great hair and will surely be able to be fit up to look really cool! Good luck during the season.

SaltyDog831

The steer has a nice butt on him.  In addition, he has a good depth to body, not having much flank which is a good thing.  I think the steer will compete at your county fair pretty well. 

Latest posts