SunSeeker

Help Support Steer Planet:

jason

20060722013959_954fd44e.jpg

I have to ask my brother about his birth weight, but he was an overall stout calf

red

Don't know if anyone noticed but his sire is now listed as a Who son. Last year it was Miles (Lexus x Power Plant)
Red

hayman

showcattlegal--is that your steer in your picture thing? Could I see a blown up picture of it. Looks nice.

showcattlegal

She is a lerado heifer out of a pay off cow. if you want more pics or have any questions about her feel free to email me.
thanks Lacey

Attachments

• Showgirl 2.jpg
    Showgirl 2.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 278

hayman

Yes, she is a beautiful calf. You're doing a wonderful job with her. I sent a pm your way.

Freerider

I saw some very very thick Sunseekers in the Maine Sale at Ohio Beef Expo. I found they were way to straight in the leg, and not nearly sound enough.

Dyer Show cattle

Still my favorite calves to raise. Heifer in my avatar plus another I kept back both had One and only calves and they have the potential to be the best I have ever raised. And both of them this is their 2nd calf. Over the past 5 years I have prob had 10 sunseekers and worked with prob 20 between my place and another guys I help out. Him or I have not had any calves that have been duds or ones we just don't like. Yes some get coarse shouldered upfront but with the frame size and thickness they all have you quickly overlook the minor things when standing next to some of our other AI calves. He will take any cow you have in your herd and give you a calf with show potential. Depending on the cow some make great fem. heifers to keep or on a harder made cow he will make a powerhouse market steer or heifer. All of them have had tons of hair and each one has had a puppy dog temperment. Our neices and nephews that are all 9 and under right now have been working with sunseekers since about age 5 and have no problems. Usually I tie them up for 2 days and start washing and blowing them day 1 and by day 3 they are pretty much tame and nice to work with. We have had them out of all kinds of cows. Mostly commercial angus/simm/maine cows and even some charl. All with great results. Plus if you have a chance to go look at him as a mature bull its worth the trip. I still think he is one of the most impressive mature bulls I have ever laid eyes on.

Woody

I agree with Dyer,  Im glad u typed all of that out because my experience matches yours.

lowann

We bought a Sun Seeker cow at the Gasmann Dispersal sale. She had a "Beat The Heat" heifer on 4/7.
Love this cow!! I told Bob Gasmann I wish we had 10 more just like her. We plan on breeding her to "Simple Math" for a 2012 calf.