Super Bowl-and the haftime deal

Help Support Steer Planet:

mark tenenbaum

I was rooting for Green Bay-glad they won.Great Quarterback AT TIMES- however an overall a sloppy game with alot of mistakes and dropped passes. As for the so-called entertainment O0 O0 O0-I thought Fergie was a jive pretentious no-talent singer and dancer -who just doesnt carry the part of a ghetto teen mother AT ALL. I couldnt tell weather the white suited dancers were nouveau Klan Members or maybe trying to be a microscope slide from Hawkeye Semen,THE ads were cool, JMO. O0

irh

Very poor excuss for intertainment if you ask me.  Music sucks these days, this includes country and rock.  Oh! wish the 80's back please.

mark tenenbaum

irh said:
Very poor excuss for intertainment if you ask me.  Music sucks these days, this includes country and rock.  Oh! wish the 80's back please.
///Amen-I think music peaked in the 80s-and I was almost around when the wheel was invented. There are certain cultural fads I just dont adhere to,and never will. Every time I see some jive yo boy with pants on the ground I want to kick him square in the A%&*()s O0

jphelps

I'm in high school and I even thought it sucked, I don't really like the black eyed peas to begin with, and the show sounded nothing like the recordings anyways. If you wanna listen to a good modern rock band check out Alter Bridge.

AAOK

irh said:

The Superbowl entertainment was TERRIBLE.

Rap can't even be considered as music, just noise!

Heaven forbid we bring back 80s music; undoubtedly the worst music decade of all time!  Google it.

mark tenenbaum

AAOK said:
irh said:

The Superbowl entertainment was TERRIBLE.

Heaven forbid we bring back 80s music; undoubtedly the worst music decade of all time!  Google it.
//// Man don be dissin my peoples-I be frum da hood in Beverly Hills-and I might hav to get up like a pimp wid yo country behind O0

cowgirl864

L too did't like the halftime show the audio was terrible, Also lets audition people who want to sing the National Anthem, maybe get someone who can really can do it properly (lol)

jason

The problem with the Super Bowl and other big games, is they look past their core of nfl enthusiasts and try to broaden the entertainment to a larger group.

I am not a big fan of the superbowl, give me an afc or nfc championship game in the outdoor elements over an overly dramatized dome filled with media, celebrity, and executive types. 

trevorgreycattleco

That halftime show was like Las Vegas kidnapped the super bowl. I turned it to the golf channel. Good game tho. I agree with Jason. The conference championship games are way better. Remember John Elway all muddy BREAKING MY HEART with "the drive" that beat my Browns? Great game with no glitz.

As far as modern day music..... there is some good ones, you just have to look. Like this song(not so much the video) that helped and still helps  me keep my life straight. Never know when it  will hit ya but it does at some point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpEOmZTYA4A

PaFFA Proud

Half time show was awful..the good part was Usher...but the black eye peas enhance their songs way tooo much in studio for their albums to get people to like them...goes for a whole lot of HIP-HOP songs...lmao rap is a whole other thing that goes faster than u can catch words! Im not prejudice agianst any music or artist if its a good song its a good one but that same artist can have a stinky one too.Also with the super bowl they dont really get a chance to sound check due to the quick set up. Lol skipped the game though and just did barn work and play with my lil girls O0

farwest

Christina aguilera screwed up the words to the national anthem. 

jphelps

Show stopper 95 said:

r.a.p - retards attempting poetry

Better hope there's no aspiring rap artists here on SP!

Bradenh

(lol) if there is. my advice is to not read this topic. but i doubt we have many of them on here from what ive seen

kobo_ranch

farwest said:
Christina aguilera screwed up the words to the national anthem. 

That did it for me... she has a awesome voice... but if you're gonna do a gig like the SUPERBOWL singing the NATL ANTHEM... you'd better know the words!  JEEZE LOUISE...

Guess Jerry Jones had no say so on the entertainment?  ... I'm just sorta ashamed being hosted in our great State of TX that couldn't have managed to do a better job than that! 
New fancy stadium and all :(

Of all the dang great singers and entertainers that was a huge joke.  IMO... I'm not a music producer but I swear I could have done tons better than that!  All I know is the ONLY thing good about it was the game!  PACKERS won!!  <cowboy>