Super Bowl Party Goodies

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Show Heifer asked me for any good dip recipes, so I thought maybe we could all share a few of our favorites!
Here's one that I like: (pop)
Southwest Star Dip
2 cups ( 8 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup mayo
1 can (4-1/2 oz) chopped ripe olives
1 can (4 oz) green chilies, undrained
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
tortilla chips
In a bowl, combine cheese, mayo, 1/3 cup olives, garlic powder & hot pepper sauce. Transfer to ungreased 9-in pie pan. Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes of until hot & bubbly. sprinkle tomato on top in the shape of a star ( or what ever your heart desires), outline with the remaining olives. Sprinkle onions around the outline. Scoop with the chips.
Yum, Yum

red

Here's another one:
Garden Vegetable Dip
1 carton ( 8 oz) spreadable cream cheese
1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
2 celery ribs, finely chopped
2 medium carrots, finely chopped
6 radishes, finely chopped
4 tsp onion, finely chopped
1 tsp dill weed
Combine the ingredients. serve with crackers or bread.

Stifler

Here's a favorite in my family: pizza dip.  O0

Layered Pizza Dip

8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup pepperoni sausage
1/2 can chopped olives

Mix cheeses and garlic salt with sour cream. Spread in a pie pan. Then layer your olives, pepperoni, and top with the mozzarella cheese. Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 350ºF. Serve with round crackers.

cowz

Since it is so cold, we are fixing something "muy caliente"!  I am giving you my secret green chile recipe:   

Take a 3-4 pound lean pork roast or equivalent of lean chops, cube in 1/2" pieces.  Roll in flour and seasoned salt.  Fry until crispy in olive oil and drain on paper towels.

In crock pot heat up 8 cups of chicken stock ( you can make with bullion cubes in a pinch).  Saute 3 diced onions, add to broth.  Dice a 27 oz. can of whole green chiles and add to broth, then add meat.  Simmer in crock pot for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.

You may spice up more with a can of Rotel tomatoes and a small amount of garlic.  If it is too salty, dice a raw potatoe and let cook for an hour.

This is great with cornbread or tortillas.

deep

Hey Red,
I made it on here, but am stumbling around til I get use to the format !! 
The recipes sound scrumptous !!  Add more recipes.... if I can't eat it,
I can sure enjoy reading them !!
deep (dog)

red

Great to have you Deep,
just add low fat cream cheese in the vegetable dip & use carrots & stuff for the crackers.
Red

cowz

I was at a Christmas party where they had an artichoke, cream cheese and crab dip that was out of this world.  Any one have a recipe for that??

Red, we need to get Telos on this board to teach us some tricks!!!

red

Cowz try this one:
Fiesta Crab dip
1 -8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup picante sauce
1 package (8 oz) imitation crab meat, chopped
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
2 TBS sliced ripe olives
2 TBS diced fresh tomato
2 TBS minced fresh parsley or cilantro
Tortilla chips, crackers or fresh veggies
In mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and picante sauce. Add the crab meat, cheese, & onions. mix well. Cover & refrigerate. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the olives, tomato & cilantro. Serve with the chips, cracker or veggies.

cowz

Thanks, Red,  That sounds good,  I'll have to give that one a try. (cow)

Show Heifer

These recipes sound GREAT!! I might make several of them!! Keep them coming, I am always up for some good recipes to cook up while the weather outside is unbearable!!! (pop)

red

Makes you want to get that big screen TV plugged in & warmed up now doesn't it!
(pop)
Red

austin

My favorite---BBQ Bean Dip

4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 small sweet onion, chopped
1 (14.5-ounce) can great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup spicy barbecue sauce
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
Corn chip scoops

Process bacon and next 5 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Spread bacon mixture into a 1-quart baking dish or a 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 350° F. for 20 minutes. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top, and bake 5 more minutes.  (pop)

KS Showman

cowz said:
Since it is so cold, we are fixing something "muy caliente"!  I am giving you my secret green chile recipe:   

Take a 3-4 pound lean pork roast or equivalent of lean chops, cube in 1/2" pieces.  Roll in flour and seasoned salt.  Fry until crispy in olive oil and drain on paper towels.

In crock pot heat up 8 cups of chicken stock ( you can make with bullion cubes in a pinch).  Saute 3 diced onions, add to broth.  Dice a 27 oz. can of whole green chiles and add to broth, then add meat.  Simmer in crock pot for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.

You may spice up more with a can of Rotel tomatoes and a small amount of garlic.  If it is too salty, dice a raw potatoe and let cook for an hour.

This is great with cornbread or tortillas.

mmm....good.  (clapping)

Best in the Midwest Salsa

2 cans whole tomatoes
2 small cans of green chiles
1 small jar of sliced jalopenos, add accordingly to how flaming hot you want it.
1 bushel of cilantro (in the produce department) cut off right below the leaves
1 can of crushed tomatoes
3/4 large red onion
1 teaspoon of garlic salt
1/4 packet of taco seasoning
Can of black beans (drained) OPTIONAL

Combine all ingredients except beans  in food processor on the low pulse setting until onions are chopped. Add beans if desired.
Let sit in fridge overnight to let ingredients settle. Add a bag of Tostito Scoops and you have a heck of a salsa! ;D

austin

morriscattleservices said:
Best in the Midwest Salsa

2 cans whole tomatoes
2 small cans of green chiles
1 small jar of sliced jalopenos, add accordingly to how flaming hot you want it.
1 bushel of cilantro (in the produce department) cut off right below the leaves
1 can of crushed tomatoes
3/4 large red onion
1 teaspoon of garlic salt
1/4 packet of taco seasoning
Can of black beans (drained) OPTIONAL

Combine all ingredients except beans  in food processor on the low pulse setting until onions are chopped. Add beans if desired.
Let sit in fridge overnight to let ingredients settle. Add a bag of Tostito Scoops and you have a heck of a salsa! ;D

Sounds great! I have most of these ingrediants--I may make this tomorrow! Thanks

red

Jill, I grow Cilantro in my herb garden. It is a great herb to add. I make a white chili & use a lot of ii in the recipe. Great salsa, thanks.
Red

red

Here is another old standby for a snack. I have to bring it to my family get togethers.
(clapping)
Cream Cheese Ball
2- 8 oz Cream cheese, softened
1 lage package dried beef ( I usually rinse it to get the excess salt off)
2 TBS dried onion
Chopped dried beef in a blender or food processor, save about 1/4 cup. Mix cream cheese & dried beef together. Add the dried onion. form into a ball. Roll in remaining chopped beef. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers.
Yum, Yum

red

A bit of Super Bowl triva- the footballs for the game are made in my county here in Ohio! Wilson Football has made the Super Bowl football since 1941.
http://www.wilson.com/wilson/football
Red