Support Your Truck!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

What is your Favorite Ride? Vote once for Make, and once for Fuel Type

• Total voters

MYT Farms

I drive a diesel guzzling F-250. But, she's a flatbed with a "cattle pusher" and is set up real nicely.

ROAD WARRIOR

'02 F350 super duty 4 door dually, 7.3 powerstroke motor - chipped and K&N air filter system. 17 mpg pulling a loaded trailer, 23 mpg empty. RW

jason

2004 Dodge Ram with the Hemi, would trade it any day for the Cummins, but at the time gassers were cheap due to $4 gas.

I usually average about 12 mpg with a combination of 75% city, 25% highway.

Came from 2000 F-250 with a 7.3, chipped, filter, and exhaust.  I could get 23 mpg on the slower highways. (60 - 65 mph)

ridge runner

Jason said:
2004 Dodge Ram with the Hemi, would trade it any day for the Cummins, but at the time gassers were cheap due to $4 gas.

I usually average about 12 mpg with a combination of 75% city, 25% highway.

Came from 2000 F-250 with a 7.3, chipped, filter, and exhaust.  I could get 23 mpg on the slower highways. (60 - 65 mph)

I have a 2000 F-250 with the 7.3.  Love it

BCCC

TexasHeat said:
Ford's 7.3 Diesel is the Heat Wave of Diesels!!!!!
;D ;D (clapping) Thats a good one! lol Gave me a good laugh!! However I am glad you said the 7.3 and not 6.0 or 6.4 ford diesel.

Cummins all the way! However I would love to have a ford truck with an allison transmison bolted up to a cummins, that would be amazzzinnggg!

Shebet21

Cummins all the way! However I would love to have a ford truck with an allison transmison bolted up to a cummins, that would be amazzzinnggg!
[/quote]

You nailed that one dead on BCCC. I like my Ford with the 7.3 but your combo would be pretty sweet.

PLKR

we have an '08 Chevy Duramax, 4x4  4 door dually--nice truck, crappy mileage-- 12-13mpg, but slowly getting better--probably need to get it chipped!

jason

Ford almost went with Cummins I think before they went to international / navistar.  They had so many problems with the junk 6.0, I think ford actually produced the last motor themselves.

Is it me, or does Dodge seem to have thinner sheet metal.  I get a lot more pinging sound from gravel with my ram 1500 than I did with my f250.   Also my dodge is already started to rust a bit, but I usually drive her hard and put her away wet.

FutureBreeder2013

chris-l-truck-front-view.jpg

gotta love the after market lol

Davis Shorthorns

Jason said:
Ford almost went with Cummins I think before they went to international / navistar.  They had so many problems with the junk 6.0, I think ford actually produced the last motor themselves.

Is it me, or does Dodge seem to have thinner sheet metal.  I get a lot more pinging sound from gravel with my ram 1500 than I did with my f250.   Also my dodge is already started to rust a bit, but I usually drive her hard and put her away wet.

My 01 dodge is starting to rust a bit.  Is yours silver?  The silver color in the Dodge was a bad paint and a lot of those trucks are rusting now.  I haven't noticed it on any other colors yet.  Also International / Navistar made this motor as well.  They had to big of a contract with them to get out.  Ford is sitting on a 700 lb/ft torque motor but it would cost to much to retool and to buy out International.  Oh and I believe that ford did win the law suit against International from the 6.0 ltr because of all the warranty work that for had to do.