Nasc

Sugar Ray
{Could not find a PICTURE, would been nice if I could.}
http://www.cattle.com/semen/bulls/Sugar+Ray.aspx
vs
Rodeo Drive
http://www.cattle.com/semen/bulls/HS+Rodeo+Drive.aspx

aj

I have never been around Rodeo Drive cattle but he is considered to be a great bull in the Shorthorn breed. He has left a mass of influence in the breed.I've heard he was a frame 9 bull that sired frame 7 cattle. I've heard he was out of a black cow but I've always figured this thought was someone's sourgrapes I don't know. I think I'll vote "present" on this one though. I think like Ildeno....Sugar ray was alot of peoples use of the chi genetics for the first time.Rodeo Drive has stood the test of time and seems to have been problem free. Someone said drive's semen is running about 200$ now.

afhm

There are pics of Sugar Ray out there just have to search for them.  I have some in some old magazines, if I can locate them I will put one up.

stick

Go to the post "Bulls with the meanest calves"  See Sugar Ray mentioned a lot. I guess that makes him better than RD

yuppiecowboy

Sugar Ray would be more modern because he has less Chianinia blood than Rodeo Drive.

(before I get villified that is a joke. Kind of.)

Malinda

I had the great priviledge of being in a pasture with 25 to 30 cows that wre all Rodeo Drive daughters. I have never seen a group of cows out of one sire that were more uniform in size and type. What really sold me was their udders...looked like they were poured out of a mold. By me not trying to raise clubbie cattle, I feel the measure of a geat bull is great females.

Another judge of a great bull is longevity. Rodeo Drive was in his teens, still working in the pasture, when he hurt his shoulder getting off a cow he was breeding.

The only negative is birth weights. But again, that word management comes up.

For me, Rodeo Drive is high on the list of bulls that had a positive affect on a breed of cattle.

Malinda