Sweet Georgia Brown

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

Ok all you vintage fitters on here....remember the days without the benefit of glue and paint?    Are we headed there again????    A real with-it fitter had Sweet Georgia Brown, a glycerin bar, real hair nets, tail ties, Aquanet in their showbox.  We clipped with sheep heads.  Anyone remember how hard it was to fit?  (Or am I the oldest dinosaur on this board????) (lol)

red

I just remember w/ Jerseys you didn't want hair! Ah, those were the days. But what you said brings back memories.

Red O0

cowz

OK, this is NOT a cool thing to admit, but when I was in high school, I showed horned herefords.  We would work for hours to get the hair to wave and would comb rows and rows of waves in the hair.  Did it enhance the appearance of the calf?  NAW ......  but that is some is of the weird stuff we did.....(like bell bottom jeans, YUCK!) (lol)

red

Also remember black shoe polish for the hooves & stuff to shine the horns, because a lot had horns in the breeding stock! Big bouffant style tails that you used a rat tailed comb on. And yes, lots & lots of hair spray. Gads, now I'm showing my age!!!

Red O0

red

ELBEE said:
O.K. girls, don't forget your "shag" hair. Can't lie about your age anymore.

(lol) oh yes Elbee that shag hair cut! I had posted a picture of my sisters & I with our Jerseys. Boy did I have the shag hair style!!

Red

justme

ahhhhh the tail balls.  I went to OSU/ATI in Wooster, OH and since "big hair" was the thing for girls in the 80's....I was always stuck teasing the tails and making the balls.  Joel Litt (a little more hair back then lol) always wanted more teasing on them lol.  O0 wow what a change in fitting.

OK I'm a little younger than "some" of you but wow changes...

cowz

ELBEE said:
O.K. girls, don't forget your "shag" hair. Can't lie about your age anymore.

Now ELBEE, I didnt go for the shag hairdo, BUT old Farrah Fawcett didnt have a thing on me.  Just remember, the bigger the hair, the closer to God! O0