Swoosh

Help Support Steer Planet:

PaPigMan

Does anyone know the TH/PHA status of the Maine bull Swoosh?  My Genex rep left me a straw to try.  I only use clean bulls and the only info I can find states that the status is "unknown."

ploughshare

He doesn't show up on the AMAA web site, but that is no guarantee.  I think Kent Habeger promoted this bull a few years back, but I'm not quite sure.  You may want to check with him.

http://www.habegershowcattle.com/

OH Breeder

I think that he is clean by parentage but you would have to check with the Maine gurus

Jill

I don't know his status, but would be interested to know why you would choose him?  He came out a couple of years back and have never heard or seen anything out of him.

farwest

I'm thinkin that was a rockin J jerry adamson bull, might check that out, think his son in law eric storer may have promoted him or owned an interest.

OH Breeder

farwest said:
I'm thinkin that was a rockin J jerry adamson bull, might check that out, think his son in law eric storer may have promoted him or owned an interest.

MA #251681 NEEL SWOOSH 64H
This was Habeger bull. If we are talking the more recent swoosh.

PaPigMan

Jill,

I didn't choose him.  I ordered several units of TLM Bouncer and they sent me Swoosh as well to try.  There aren't many people breeding Maine cattle in this area.  Our Genex people probably sell 40 straws of dairy bulls to each beef bull.  I'm guessing they have this semen and are looking for an avenue to get rid of it.  The bull is the 251681 Swoosh.  He looks ok in the picture from the website, although I don't usually put a lot of stock in a picture.

Sundy

Swoosh is out of Black Dice and Black Dice is a hard calver, but we had no problems with Swoosh. We used Swoosh the first year Habeger promoted him and have not used him since. The calves were sound, functional, and they grew well. He just did not add much style.

Steer Boy 101

I had swoosh calves and i mean i used him for heifers and no problmes he was promoted around here for heifers. I have 5 straws of good seamen im willing to sell. hes free im pretty sure. i moved on and want to selll 5 units of him at cost thanks!

lowann

Swoosh was used a few times years ago around here. When people refer to him in these parts, the term "cow killer" goes with it.
Big calves with BAD temperaments.
Nobody uses him around here anymore.