Take a peek.

Help Support Steer Planet:

hawk

Here is a PB Simmental heifer that I am sending to the national sale in Fort Worth.  Just interested in opinions.  She is a Hooks Pacesetter out of a Dream On daughter.  Thanks in advance for your input.

Attachments

• final 04U small.jpg
    final 04U small.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 683

hawk

She was born Feb 09, 2008.  The catalog is not even started yet for the sale.  Not sure which lot she'll be.

AAOK

Really, Really good!!  I would like to see a cleaner neck, but you can't fault her for that as a PB Simmental.  The bidding on her should be fast and furious.

OH Breeder

Very Very nice. She looks great Simmi or not. Some flesh but it is not atypical for a simmi. Actually she is cleaner than alot of full bloods i have seen. Did she come big? Have you had luck with Dream On?

braunvieh

Don't know much about Simmentals but I love the heifer, especially her depth of body and broodiness. I hope she sells well for you.

CAB

I love how opened up she is, not pinched in the heartgirth, parallel and deep flanked. Ever notice how the whistle fronted cows tend to be narrow up through the brisket, not as naturally thick. That bit of leather up front allows her to  carry true thicknest front to back. Saying all of that, I do like a pretty front, but there is way too much emphasis on it. JMO. Great heifer that looks like she will make a great cow. Good Luck with her. Brent

hawk

Thank you all for your comments thus far.  She is out of a first calf heifer and came quite small, if I remember right she weighed in the lower 70's.  I have used Dream On a lot along with several sons and will continue to do so, maybe even line breed him to some extent. 

I try and make every attempt to keep my cattle funtional and cowey (is that a word?) and still maintain enough look that I can enjoy having them around.  I don't have very many cows but I'm especially proud of this one because the last 5 generations were raised here.  I can get a little barn blind at times, but I guess I think this one has a shot at being pretty competative in the right hands.  I think her best days in the ring will be a year from now as a bred.  I kind of like the extra front, if that is what you call it, for just the reasons CAB said.  She just has loose skin, her neck is still very flat as is her shoulder. 

Thanks again and PM me if you would like additional information!  <cowboy>

LinZ

Your heifer looks really nice. Long deep, stout and coming from a Simmy breeder she has a nice front end. I would put a neck sweat on her but she has a nice front. Good lines...well built .. and R E D.. (clapping)

What's your farm name? Sorry if I missed it by not paying attention..

I'll be interested to see what all is in the sale.. I've seen 2 percentage heifer that will be there.. Your heifer is super nice. Will you being showing her? I know it's a requirement for being in the sale that the animal be entered in the show wether they show or not but just curious. I have a Feb heifer that we have entered..Black baldy. I wish the sale had different management but oh well there will be other sales to buy from.

Good luck with your heifer.

Maybe we can have a steerplanet get together there.

LinZ

hawk

LinZ said:
  Your heifer looks really nice. Long deep, stout and coming from a Simmy breeder she has a nice front end. I would put a neck sweat on her but she has a nice front. Good lines...well built .. and R E D.. (clapping)

What's your farm name? Sorry if I missed it by not paying attention..

I'll be interested to see what all is in the sale.. I've seen 2 percentage heifer that will be there.. Your heifer is super nice. Will you being showing her? I know it's a requirement for being in the sale that the animal be entered in the show wether they show or not but just curious. I have a Feb heifer that we have entered..Black baldy. I wish the sale had different management but oh well there will be other sales to buy from.

Good luck with your heifer.

Maybe we can have a steerplanet get together there.

LinZ

We call our place Crows Nest Ranch.  I probably wont be there because I think I'll be in Jackson MS at the Dixie National.  I am sending her down with a friend, and he'll probably show her.