Taking Cattle Pictures

Help Support Steer Planet:

MYT Farms

I've got a few calves to sell this fall, and I am curious about the best settings in which to take photos and video. We have several different backdrops including a newly built windbreak. When picturing calves, should we do it out in the pasture with no really easily seen background distractions? In tall grass, or mowed? Would it be more prudent to take photos on straw with a crisp background like the windbreak? I am selling one show steer and three Angus calves for breeding stock. Should I fit the show calf or just leave them all looking 100% natural? I would also like to use a background easiest for an editor to use. Any good photo/video editors out there who are available?
Thanks.
MYT

kk

Nothing looks better than on green grass with a countryside background grass shouldn't be too much taller than their dewclaws and I'd leave them natural

GoWyo

If they have bad feet or legs, make sure you put them in some really deep grass or bedding.  ::)

MYT Farms

Oh yes, I know tall stubble is one of the oldest and best tricks in the book. But on these calves, I certainly have nothing to hide in terms of structural correctness and soundness. I think we'll just go ahead and set up a little mowed pen in the pasture and go from there. Thanks.

Latest posts