Tattoo Plier

Help Support Steer Planet:

pigguy

what Tattoo Pliers  do you use when your puttin the tattoos for registrations.  the tattoo is 6 letters/numbers long and all the Tattoo Pliers are only 4 # long?? :))) :))) :)))

DL

NASCO makes a 5 number tattoo plier - doesn't help you much though! If you are talking Maines many people put the herd prefix (say XYZ) in one ear and the number/year letter in the other (say 12J). You can either buy 2 pliers - one for the herd prefix that you don't change and the 2nd for the number and letter - or you could buy one pair and continually change the numbers - don't think you are going to find one for 6.

CPL

We have a 30+ yr old pilers and they work fine. They're from Stone Manufacturing. http://www.stonemfg.net/about%20us.htm

pigguy

i contacted stone supply to see if they could custom make a 6-8 digit  tattoo plier. Also how would you put half in one ear and half in the other when you have the tattoo for the Bang's

DLD

Why not just put the prefix above the numbers/year letter? That's how I've always done it and seen it done...

DL

maine12 said:
i contacted stone supply to see if they could custom make a 6-8 digit  tattoo plier. Also how would you put half in one ear and half in the other when you have the tattoo for the Bang's

Bangs goes in the right ear in the middle rib - you can tattoo above it or as DLD says put both in one ear one on top of the other , ie 12J on the top rib and XYZ in the middle on the left