Taxes

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jill

You know I have heard for years that the 401K, IRA type deals at some point would be in trouble because the government wouldn't be able to keep their hands out of them, got an email this morning that I thought was worth sharing.

Thought you should know.

Adding a tax to your retirement is simply another way of saying to the American people, you're so  stupid that we're going to keep doing this until we drain every cent from you. That's what the Speaker of the House is saying.    Read below...............

Nancy Pelosi wants a Windfall Tax on Retirement Income. You aren't going to believe this.

Madam speaker Nancy Pelosi wants to put a Windfall Tax on all stock market profits (including retirement funds, 401Ks and mutual funds!).  Alas, it is true - all to help the 12 Million Illegal Immigrants and other unemployed Minorities!

Boy, are we in trouble... This woman is frightening.  She quotes..." We need to work toward the goal of equalizing income in our country and at the same time limiting the amount the rich can invest."

When asked how these new tax dollars would be spent, she replied :
"We need to raise the standard of living of our poor, unemployed and minorities. For example, we have an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in our country who need our help along with millions of unemployed minorities. Stock market windfall profits taxes could go a long ways to guarantee these people the standard of living they would like to have as 'Americans'."

Send it on to your friends. I just did!! This lady is out of her mind.

Dusty

Refer to my last post in the Angry White Man thread...  That will tell you my opinion on the government redistribution of income.

reno1014

Sounds like the Robin-Hood plan.  Didnt work for schools...wont work here either.

kimbaljd

That story is untrue. Although quite possible if we do get a Democrat as president. Go ahead CPL take away another karma point for misrepresentation of facts.

CPL

kimbaljd said:
Go ahead CPL take away another karma point for misrepresentation of facts.

A quote from Thomas Carlyle will do the trick:

Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure there is one less rascal in the world.

kimbaljd

CPL said:
kimbaljd said:

Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure there is one less rascal in the world.

Perhaps you should send that quote to Billary and Obama. And thats honest!

knabe

you can look this stuff up pretty easily

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/pelosi.asp

no need to get all karma'd about things like this. 

CPL

kimbaljd said:
CPL said:
kimbaljd said:

Perhaps you should send that quote to Billary and Obama. And thats honest!

Now we can agree on something! Obama really could use it with this coming out about his pastor. GREAT idea!  :)

SWMO

I fail to see how it is my personal responsibility to support illegal aliens but according to Ms Pelosi we as tax payers are responsible for those poor souls that chose to enter our country illegally.

knabe

two things going on in this thread.

first point:  pelosi's not responsible for the quote attributed to her.

second point:  it is not your personal respsonsibility, but it could be your fiscal responsibility if the amenesty crowd, including mccain and bush push amenesty through. 

basically, in addition to the propped up economy on credit, reverse mortgages, equity loans, and other fictictious sources of capital, this country will not turn a corner economically until assets are priced to compete in world markets since there is basically little consumer protection regulation infrastructure and compliance anywhere else in the world, and all our elected representatives can do is add more layers and artificially create shortages which raise costs and redistribute wealth.  about 15-25% of the population see no problem with this, as the gov keeps bailing them out, all they are really  interested in is that the rich folks pay for everything and that israel falls, etc.  basically the protest crowd.  however, whenever protesters get in control, ie the hippies from the 60's, they have little track record to show for being in power.

it's easy to be against, what's hard is to be for something, anything.