Taylor Martinez n/c

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

blackdiamond said:
knabe said:
not one low bw performing high marbling sound shorthorn.  i rest my case.

would a 3/4 count?  I know where one is, maybe a 2nd.  How about a 7/8?  A good candidate in around... 

no percentage matters.  aj hasn't stepped up to the plate with retained ownership records detailing his record against CAB, nor produced a bull with low bw, performance, marbling and soundness and made him broadly available to the industry yet rails on just about anything and everything that sells.  he's a big boy, and i'm just parroting his posting methods back at himself. 

aj

knabe.....I got a plaque here....8 by 10.......it reads "proof positive.....reserve champ pen of cattle for rate of gain......Craig and Billie Hoyt....etc. Montezuma Ks test. Wakuara won it it at 4.1 and we came in at 4.0 adg.

knabe

4 is a great gain for any breed. Wheres the data for the rest of the cattle in the test or were there none like in Denver when you were reserve, what was the marbling, birthweights, registration numbers, sale price, who bought the bulls or sires, what's the registration number, we're the bulls collected, anyone use semen or flushed cows with them/him yet. How many calves were sired, how many we're sired outside you herd.  Lots more questions.

No malice in the questions, just similar to what you ask others.

aj

I would recommend the Montezuma feedlot to everybody.....great feedlot. KNABE as I understand it it there was a mix up in harvesting dates of the cattle and NO carcass information was collected on this test. I had a 5.3 feed conversion rate on the one set which I have been told is exceptional.

justintime

Duncraggan said:
Tattoos look OK on attractive, well toned, young adults but they look a bit sorry when you are not in peak physical shape!

Lots of 18-19 year old girls are getting tattoos on their lower backs... like a nice looking butterfly or something else like this. Of course it looks great, but that is because it is on a 19 year old girl. 35 years later that butterfly tattoo could possibly look like a moth that hit your windshield.

knabe

aj said:
I would recommend the Montezuma feedlot to everybody.....great feedlot. KNABE as I understand it it there was a mix up in harvesting dates of the cattle and NO carcass information was collected on this test. I had a 5.3 feed conversion rate on the one set which I have been told is exceptional.

Why would you recommend them if no carcass data was collected and they messed up the harvest date?

Did they fix the date and adjust data accordingly?

Why wasn't carcass data collected at slaughter?

aj

The American Shorthorn Assn fucked it up. Call Alden,Hahn or whoever the ceo is now.

knabe

What does the association have to do with harvest dates and carcass evaluation?

Is the test station owned by the assn?