Tell me what you know about these bulls.... Please

Help Support Steer Planet:

amymeys

Just wondering if anyone can tell me about these bulls.  I have read the post on Smooth Sailing and saw the one calf pic, what about the others?  A couple of these won't have calves out yet, but has anyone seen the bulls and what did you think?  May need to downsize the cow a bit, but not loose hair, bone, etc.
Thanks!
Bulls are:
ALL ABOARD
PHILDON GET SERIOUS
BLACK LABEL
SMOOTH CRIMINAL
SMOOTH SAILING

Dusty

luvmyblue said:
Just wondering if anyone can tell me about these bulls.  I have read the post on Smooth Sailing and saw the one calf pic, what about the others?  A couple of these won't have calves out yet, but has anyone seen the bulls and what did you think?  May need to downsize the cow a bit, but not loose hair, bone, etc.
Thanks!
Bulls are:
ALL ABOARD
PHILDON GET SERIOUS
BLACK LABEL
SMOOTH CRIMINAL
SMOOTH SAILING

All Aboard--saw a nice one this fall.  He's a THF full brother to Monopoly and Headliner.  Going by the Monopoly calves I've seen he will probably be about the same frame as HW, but a tick sounder.  Would probably use on stouter THC cows.  I believe he is homo black also.

Smooth Sailing---according to Kroupa's catalog he's supposed to the next big thing.  He is bred about as good as you can make one.  I would imagine to use him like you would be HW.  Maybe could be used on the plainer made cows as his mom was a flush and he should throw a little more style than HW..  They are supposed to come easier though.  I believe he is homo black also....

RSC

luvmyblue said:
Thanks!
Bulls are:
ALL ABOARD
PHILDON GET SERIOUS
BLACK LABEL
SMOOTH CRIMINAL
SMOOTH SAILING
I seen a real nice All Aboard heifer on a sale this fall.

RSC

qbcattle

if i were to pick the best out of those i would say smooth sailing he is bred rt like dusty said and from the calves i have seen out of him they are not only consistent, but consistently good.

farwest

Is that the one you liked so well and bid on RSC. O0

cpubarn

I happened to see "All Aboard" at Nichols the other day and took this picture.  I haven't used him, but having seen him makes me interested.

I wonder about birthweight with all the heatwaves.  I didn't think that he was as "extreme" in his makeup as others.  But a good looking bull. 

Just my opinion.

Attachments

• allaboard.jpg
    allaboard.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 137

kane1598

I think he looks pretty good especailly for being double clean.  Any other pictures of different bulls?